Game Strategy defense, defending against the Drag Bunt.

Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Game Strategy defense, defending against the Drag Bunt.

Game Situation

1.) Your winning 6-3

2.) Number #2 batter hit a triple.

3.) You have no outs yet.

4.) #3 batter, Is showing drag bunt all the way.

5.) With #4 batter coming up, who's a big Home Run threat, and right behind #4 is there 2nd fastest base runner batting in the #5 spot. Who has 2 hits already in the game and 2 RBI's.

Coaches what your defense strategy in this game situation?

Hear my defense options on
tomorrow night TSZ - Radio Show! September 2nd.

Show Time 8 p.m. - 10 p.m. every Tuesday "EST"

Here the link to the show http://www.thesoftballzone.com/RadioShowShell.php

#TeamTSZ

JoeA1010

Reaction score
Get an out. It's obviously in at least the 5th inning since this is the third time through the order, and maybe even the sixth inning. If the #3 hitter is actually showing drag bunt, why is she in the third spot and why is she actually showing bunt if it's a drag bunt? If she wants to bunt, be my guest, you can have the run and I'll take the easy out.

coachjwb

Reaction score
If you're ahead by more than 1 run in the game and there's a runner on 3B with no outs, just assume that run is going to score and go for the out as Joe and Ron have already said. Too many times teams worry about that lead runner and turn a little inning into a big one ...

Ron

Reaction score
forum,
If your team struggles with routine-outs : ..outs at first base.... pop-flys... sacrifices... Your team should avoid trying for the non routine-outs:... lead-runners, double-plays, stolen bases, run-downs, pick-offs, tag-outs.... It might be conservative coaching, but it minimizes the chances of a big-inning against you....
Ron

Last edited: