Gary Saunders

coachjwb

Reaction score
Gary Saunders, past assistant coach at Baldwin-Wallace, a past high school coach as well, founder of the MC Madness organization, and also a coach in the Lasers organization passed away last evening. Some of you may remember a fundraiser for Gary back in late August that was put on by some of his past players. I haven't seen info yet on arrangements, but I will post them here when I see them if someone else doesn't do first.

Gary was a great guy who knew the game and how to teach it. My daughter had the privilege for play for him at BW, where I got a chance to get to know him as well. He will be missed in the Ohio softball community. Prayers for his daughters.

lewam3

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Gary was a great guy and a coach that always had a kind word -
He really will be missed. There was no doubt that softball was his life and you could tell that by the way his teams played and performed when he sat on the bucket in the dugout.
He died at the hands of pancreatic cancer, which is a ruthless condition that leaves few survivors. He faced it with courage and grace and that will serve as his lasting inspiration to those who knew him. RIP Gary Saunders.
Mike Lew

larson

Reaction score
Gary hired me as a coach for M C Madness years ago. I respected him soo much. He was a great person and loved loved softball. My heart is sad but I know now he is rid of pain! Man, I bet those Angels in Heaven are so excited to have him as their new Coach! GO ANGELS!!!! Heaven has acquired quite a man and Coach! May GOD follow the families footsteps!!!!

Jayne Marconi
Head Coach
Akron Racers 05

chixdad

Reaction score
The arrangements for Gary are as follows. Visitation on Dec 19 from 2-4 and 6-8 at Sunset Memorial park chapel at 6245 Columbia Rd in north Olmsted 44070 and on wednesday from 9-10 at St Ambrose Catholic church 929 Pearl rd. Brunswick 44212, Mass of Christian Burial will start at 10am internment to follow at Hope Memorial gardens. Memorial contributions in Gary's name can be made to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, 1500 Rosecrans AveSte. 200, Manhattan Beach, Ca.90266

chixdad

Reaction score
Gary was a great man, I will always consider him to have been one of my best friends. Always willing to help the girls out, he was a great father figure, teacher and coach to the girls. RIP, my friend you will not be forgotten.

Pitchermom

Reaction score
Thank you for posting the arrangements. My daughter was lucky enough to work with Gary for 2 years until he had to step away this summer. He was her biggest cheerleader and really boosted her confidence at the plate. We considered Gary a friend as well as an instructor and he will always be missed. Continued prayers for his family. Rest In Peace, Gary, hope the softball in Heaven is the BEST!

chixdad

Reaction score
Mallory took hitting lessons from Gary for years, I would have given about anything for her to play on his team for a couple of years. she was a little too young for the Madness Black team and a couple years too old for Lasers.

Reaction score
Gary was truly one of the good guys in softball. He was a great coach and teacher of the game. I look back fondly on the many opportunities I had a chance to talk softball with Gary and feel blessed to have had those moments. RIP my friend. You will forever be in our thoughts.

Slinger

Reaction score
Older daughter played in his MC Madness organization and niece played for him at BW. Gary is a model of what makes softball so enjoyable because he was the whole package. He genuinely cared about every player he worked with. RIP, Gary. You will be missed...

Reaction score
Website
WWW.OHIOBULLDAWGSELITE.COM
I had the opportunity to coach against Gary's MC Madness black(95 or 96's) team and after our team was eliminated many stayed behind to cheer them on to an Eastern National championship in Maryland. Such a great coach. Very respectful and outgoing with opposing coaches and we had a great deal of respect for him. He will be missed!

Coach Tony

Reaction score
Gary touched the lives of many young softball players in northeast Ohio. Heard nothing but great things about him. RIP Coach Saunders