Gas prices and the upcoming travel season

Just curious if the high gas prices has been a issue or had any effect on your travel team plans such as tourney scheduling, staying closer to home etc or is it business as usual?
If so, has your team thought of any good ways to effectively deal with the situation, ie: cutting back on other expenses, car pooling. Any other ideas?

My DD team is actually traveling more than in the past. As far as creative ways to offset the higher gas prices - I say practice Monday through Thursday and raid the college fund. LoL

We have had to decide whether to pay more for a closer hotel or spend the $$ on gas for the longer drive. Either way, it is going to be a pricey summer season.

At least we are in state for our games. I deal with energy issues for work and this is truly nuts. These guys are all in collusion, the Iran and Venezuela issue are concerns, but to hear the Gulf water temperature is up 5 degrees from this time last year causing increases was it for me. 3 weeks ago, I saw weather satellite data that shoots down that theory and it is actually 1 degree more which is normal. I was at an energy trading company a while back and this whole commodity is purchased and sold by some 20 something year old sprocket heads who sit and look at computer data all day long and they communicate with eachother based on "Hype"

It's just funny how all the prices jump the same day at the same time. But there is no collusion. Throw one of those CEO's in jail for a bit and you'll see how fast it comes down.

I think our farthest game is Cincy with the rest around central Ohio with a possibillity of Ponys at Sterling Va. It will still be rough, we travel in a suburban with a 42 gallon tank. :'(

All of my tournaments were scheduled prior to Jan 1. so the recent jump wasn't a factor in the decision where to go, but it will certainly have an affect on the pocketbook this summer.

Since our team is only playing in the state for 2 tourneys and traveling from New Jersey to Texas.....it could get ugly...

gas game cooler may need to pass the t-shirt or children need to keep that 4.0 and get a free college scholarship I spent the money already.

Norwalk to Toledo for tournaments,practices,and clinics for travel ball on weekends.
All around Ashland,Huron,and Wayne County for her House ball team,during the week.
Well............I`ll be doing like alot of good ole working Americans...........hitting the 401k for a loan!! LOL!!!!!!!
Its worth it.or atleast that is what I force my self to think! LOL!!!

As the coach of a travel team--I made our tourney decisions well before the hike in gas prices. Luckily though most of our tourneys are within 3-4 hours in Ohio with only one being out of state in PA, but only a few hour drive. Hopefully we'll have a trip to nationals, but one never knows!!

I have some girls from the same or close areas so I'm going to assume they will carpool and I'm sure I'll have some girls tag along with me some weekends. I know personally I will be packing a cooler and eating in as much as possible to ward off the gas expense!!

Good luck to everyone out there! I hope you are as excited as I am for the upcoming summer season! ;D

Funny, Government states they are going to start looking into it and the prices dropped 20 cents today......

Taking the Motor home to Disney in June, wow cant wait 9 miles per Gallon gonna be fun!

Though i dont fly anymore I was told by a local High School coach about cost. He got round trip Orlando Fl tickest for 199 a piece. This was over spring break. Might want to look into for those 500 mile plus trips, Even car rental may still prove to be cheaper. Just a thought. This obviously would not apply to families in motor homes but may work for others.