Catching and Catchers discussion Getting in shape?

I'm a catcher, and let's face it-I'm not in the best shape, but I'm not in bad shape. I'm going to start lifting more regularly, but I also really want to concentrate on eating better. Does anyone know of any "diets" and "workout programs" that will help me shed fat (<-- for lack of better words) and build muscle and also just become healthier and more competitive? Thank you.

WISH: Regular workouts with weights is the best thing you can do 2 or 3 times a week. Weight lifting burns fat better than most exercises because your body works all day or night after you work out repairing muscle tissue. Also, as a catcher you should do lots of stretching, especially hamstrings. As far as diet, increase proteins, and eat several small meals 5 or more times a day. Your body will need the constant nutrition if you work hard with the weights and your body will run more efficiently that way while lifting. This system will decrease body fat over time especially while you are building muscle.
Also, be sure and incorporate proper squatting into your lifting routine once a week, great for legs and core for both catching and hitting with power. Good Luck!

EXCELL
Sports Specific Fitness Training

" We Build Better Athletes"

Excell offers fitness training for every sport. We will improve your speed, your strength and your game. We offer a wide variety of fitness programs tailored for each individual and each individual sport. Our program is offered at the Wyandotte Athletic Club which carries the latest in exercise equipment and free weights.

Excell's program includes the following:
*4 week 12-15 sessions
*Weight Training
*Plyometrics
*Agility
*Balance
*Flexibility
*Motivation< br>

For More Information Contact:
Les Setser @ Excell Sports
(614)327-4593 or Excell5155@aol.com

Wish,
Not sure of your age, but any dieting should be discussed with your parents first and possibly your doctor before starting any regiment.