Glasses

Catcher '08

Reaction score
So my dd needs glasses. Need recommendations for a good set to wear for playing. Plays C,1st,3rd. Thanks.

frenchy101010

Reaction score
My daughter hated the sport goggles. We went to Lenscrafters and got her the Oakleys, one pair shaded and another pair with clear lenses. Insurance paid for most of the clear, paid about half on the shades.

I know there not cheap, and people worry about scratching them up, but for the $45, the insurance covers everything. For her wearing 3 pairs of both the past 4 years we only ever had to use the insurance twice. Hers have held up well for softball.

Lenscrafter also let us bring in mask, and helmet to try on the different glasses before deciding.

Khoch23

Reaction score
My daughter made the move this past summer to daily contacts and it worked out real well for us. We always take an extra set to tourneys in case of dust or lenses popping out, but didn't have any issues last year. If you go with daily lenses, your eye Dr may give you a some to try for free or a minimal cost to make sure your dd likes them before making the commitment.

daboss

Reaction score
The pro's of wearing contacts in today's game out-way the cons. If contacts are not an option be sure to get the sport goggles or safety glasses and opt for the no scratch treatment on the lens. Not a cure all but better than nothing.

IRdad09

Reaction score
I agree 100% with Khoch23 and daboss. Give contacts a try, unless for some reason that is not an option. In my experience most places will give you a trial set or 2. You will find they are a lot more comfortable and your dd will not be constantly playing with or readjusting them. Just make sure to bring lots of saline solution to the field.

Milly Ways

Reaction score
Sports goggles or contacts. Glasses move around too much.