Goshen Spring Shootout

Teams entered:

10u
1. Ohio Lady Patriots - Barberton, Ohio
2. Lancers - Amelia, Ohio

12U Collecting Teams and they can Play up if they wish.

1. Beavercreek Burst - Beavercreek, Ohio

14u

2. Eastside Extreme 13u - Batavia, Ohio

Welcome to the Spring Shootout tournament to be held on May 15th and 16th at the Athletes In Action Sports Center in Xenia, Ohio. This facility is a synthetic turfed outfield with clay infields and can be tarped. To check out the facility go to: http://athletesinaction.org/sportscenter/softball.aspx.

I am only taking six (6) teams total in the 10u, 12u and 14u age groups. This is open to Circuit of Champions teams and all other teams as well.

Entry fee is $400.00 dollars for the 3 pool games - single elimination event.

THERE IS A PARKING CHARGE OF $5.00 per car for weekend pass and $3.00 for the day pass... coaches included.

1st Place: Hoodies (based on six team entry)

There are dorm rooms available for the players and suites for the coach's as well. Cost is $26.50 per person tax included. There are 6 coach's suites available. The coach's suites have a bathroom in them. Contact Teri at 937-352-1210.

The deadline for the tournament is Tuesday, April 13th at 11:59 pm or when full.

This is a non sanctioned event and teams must have their insurance paperwork sent in with their entry form.

*******************************************************************************************
Physical address for the park is: 1197 South Detroit Street, Xenia, Ohio 45385

*******************************************************************************************

Contact Tim Cleaver at 513-575-3330 or ohioquakerman@yahoo.com

Entry form:

Name of team __________________________________________________

Age Division ___________________________________________________

Name of Coach _________________________________________________

Phone __________________________ cell ___________________________

Send entry fee and insuarance paperwork to: Tim Cleaver, 1534 W. Meadowbrook Drive, Loveland, Ohio 45140.

Cost of dorms room per person and coach's suite are now available in post #1.

One (1) Dorm room has three beds.

Have to have the teams committed 30 days prior to the tournament because of the expense of using this facility for the girls. Great place to play in the Spring and Fall.

Hearing from teams up in the Akron and Canton area about the event.

Championship Fastpitch 12u teams out of Barboursville, West Virginia :

Welcome and hope to hear from you very soon about entering the event. Was nice talking to you this evening.

Welcome Chattanoga Bandits 14u from Chattanooga, Tennessee. Great talking to you today and check out the facilities in the link and let me know.

Starting to hear from some teams about the idea of playing on professional fields. I think the girls will have a great time at this event and play on fields that the don't normally get to play on.

Heard again from Champion Fastpitch out of West Virginia again. They want to bring up their two 12u teams.

So, if you want to put your team in the hat for 12u.... I'll put you in. Obviously, I have to have the 6 teams to play and will cancel 30 days prior to the event if not... so I can give teams time to find an event elsewhere.

From the amount of e-mails I get and hits on the page... I think we'll fill the 12u and 14u divisons .

If I get just one group of six teams it will be a one day event only on a Satruday as the fields are $600.00 per day for two fields. If I get two sets of six teams.. then both events will be a two day tournament.

I just think it is a grand opportunity for the kids to play on some professional fields.. where Spring weather won't much affect the tournament. HS coaches have commented about how they were rained out and went to this facility to play.

With rooms available at the park itself, it makes for a wonderful venue for the kids and parents.

Jump in and play some professional fields and a better chance of playing this coming wet and rainy Spring season.

Shouldn't be too early for the 10's and 12's. Some 14's might be worried their girls won't be available in time. In the month of MAY you need a park that can handle rain and this sounds like the place so join in folks.

I was impressed with this park and with a wet spring forcasted.. this place fits the need.

Been hearing from a few teams and I guess I need to express this message: On April 13th, I have to say yes or no to this facility on the usage and this is why I am closing off this event on that date.

At $600.00 per day for two fields... I have no choice but to do so.