Goshen Tournament 10/25 for Hollywood bases

I am holding a softball tournament this coming Sunday to raise money for the safe Hollywood bases for the Park. Heisler Park is a private park ran by volunteers and supported by Friday night Bingo. This has been this way for many years. I've bought two sets myself for the Park.

The tournament is for one day only on Sunday. The cost is $50.00 plus coaches will pay directly to the umpires on the field $35.00 per game. That's only $155.00 per team. Two umpires will be used for all games in all age groups. Each team will be scheduled for three (3) games.

With the $50.00 from each team will be taken only the cost of the new softball used for the games and all proceeds will be given to the ballpark for the use towards the purchase of the bases for the safety for the girls.

At check-in, please present a check for $50.00 made payable to Goshen Jr. Sports.

There will be a $2.00 dollars parking fee charged and of course that money will go towards the bases as well.
The tournament is listed under "Other Tournaments"

Thanks to the teams, coaches and parents for their support. Hope to see you at the event for a good cause.

Tim, I don't know many people who run tournaments solely for the benefit of kids. I think you are one of the few, I saw it first hand. That's great stuff and please let me know if I can help in any way.
Chip Gregg

Are you having any 15-16U teams for this Sunday 10/25? Please advise, as NKY Bandits 15U would be interested. Contact Jerry at 513-289-4466 or JES.1@Insightbb.com

Thanks

Thank you. Glad you had fun at the Uniform Blowout, Chip.

It's a private park there at Goshen and run on bingo money since the 1970's. The money they get from bingo ( and it does change year to year )..... they try to improve the park each year and help keep the rec youth prices down for the local kids.. and they do... I know they are shortening the infields on some fields and moving fences in November and they have plans in the future of building eight more diamonds there.

As an individual TD, it is hard to compete against organizational tournaments in Ohio as it's a "come to mine and I'll come to yours" type of thing . Which is fine. So, I went searching for organizations to run events in Goshen instead of me.. so it would help them.

I begged the Lady Lasers and Marie to come put Goshen on the map for me last winter and they came from Cleveland area to do so and it won't be soon forgotten by anyone here.

The Doom is coming in June and hopefuly in the Fall as well. The little Lady Lasers is coming in April (I think that is the date) and the older ones again in October. Looking for an organization to come in May.

I think I am going to have one in July to go up against a tournament held in Harrison (Cincy World Series) as I had some coaches ask me to do so. I've gathered 31 diamonds so far for that weekend. Haven't posted it yet.

But, I think I'll stay with the Uniform Blowout as I love giving out uniforms in the Fall when teams are looking for them and what better way to win them... but by playing good solid ball.

Past winners always send me pics of their new uniforms... and in the Doom 16u case, warm ups and embroided too. Can't wait to see them in a pic..hint, hint.

There's a saying with the Goshen people... "It's all good". And it is.

Put your name in the hat. I'll call the Lady Mustangs and maybe the Cincy Ice (Ferris) in the morning. Get three or four and we can go with it. Love to have another age group

Putting your name in the hat. Let's find some 12u teams. I'm sending out the flyer in my data base about the event later this morning. Any database help would be appreciated. Looks like a great day on Sunday. Start time 11:00. $155.00 for entry. ( $50.00 check made payable to Goshen Jr. Sports) and pay $35.00 on the field per game per team for umpires. Full games. $2.00 parking with proceeds going towards purchase of bases.

Wish you Hawksters would think about and talk to the Park people about running an event in May at Goshen. Can't be the price, the care of the fields, etc.... Looking for an organization to have one in May.

Thank you Cincy Magic 14u for entry. Can you ask the sister teams if they are available.

And thank you Ricky Moorehead for allowing me to post this event in the general section.

It's not a TD getting the money event... it's for the Park to be able to buy Hollywood bases and the safety of the girls. Thanks.

Take a break from life Ricky and come down with the Bullet girls...lol ... all them age groups. Love to see you again. I had so much fun down in Chillicothe watching the girls eyes in the Paints stadium playing on artifical turf. Best time I ever had at a tournament . It was so fun watching the parents dancing to the music between innings... lol . Makes the headaches of being a TD all worth while, doesn't it ?

Ohio Hawks 14 Black is making an inquiry. I will do everything possible for the two Hawks not to match up against each other.

If we can't get any more 15u/16u teams (as there are some great 16u tourneys this coming weekend elsewhere...... does any of the 14u teams care if the 15u Bandits play against the 14u's ?

Still looking for 12u and 16u teams though. It's just thought.

If any other team wants in.. please call me today(Wednesday). I'll be in and out so leave a message and I'l get back to you. Hope to hear from some 12u teams

Thanks Tim. 14u Black will try to let you know something by end of today.

- Greg

Hang in there Doug Lenos.. Had a couple calls from 12u teams this morning. We''ll get them girls some games. One was Cincy Magic 12u.

If for some unseen reason a 12u team gets rained out on Saturday ( and I wish no ill will on any TD when it comes to rain ).. but if you want to play on Sunday.. Call me.. I'll take one team for Sunday.

Games on as schedule, of course. Just came from the Park.

Parking fee is $2.00

I wish to thank the teams who came today and had fun. Some very good games and it was very enjoyable to all who watched as well. Hawks 14u Gold Herman) won it and is a very good team. Magic. watch out everybody

But, I want to make a comment about a very little known team called Liberty Blazers out of Liberty Twp in Butler County.

This is a group of young ladies who came out the rec leagues this Summer to begin as a new travel team. The catcher on this team was absolutely amazing. Block pitches with ease. Accurate arm even though base runners stole on change ups. She had no chance.

But, these girls never give up. Couple Goshen people made the same comment about the girls.

With a little winter work... this team is going to very competitive and ruin a many team's tournament championship dreams.

Just my opinion.

Your crew put on a good tournament today Tim, I don't believe I have ever seen a field crew work harder or more efficient than I did today. We started on time and had decient playing conditions despite the amount of rain we had in the past week.

I give you thanks from the crew. They do a fine job and know their fields. They know what it takes to get them up and going... even when it is 32 degrees at night. I'm lucky for having them. But, then again so are the Doom, the Lady Lasers and now the Ohio Hawks as they were impressed and we hope will be bringing two of their events to Goshen in 2010.

In Goshen there is a saying..."It's all good.. especially when it's for the kids".