Gwoc 2011 !

Ahhhhh Refreshing!!!!!! a new GWOC post. And that Funky Monkey your more than welcome.... So bring it. Cant wait to see your predictions.

Ahhhhh Refreshing!!!!!! a new GWOC post. And that Funky Monkey your more than welcome.... So bring it. Cant wait to see your predictions.

Who is coaching this year at Springboro?........ We had heard that there was a coaching change.

Tim

Tim the head coach is still the same Randy Callahan. He added two new assistants. One is a teacher at the high school who was a pretty good athlete at the high school level and seems to be doing a great job in the conditioning area. The other is travel ball coach. I am not saying they will light the league on fire by any stretch, but they do have a strong freshman class that will allow them to hang in their. It will be interesting to see the starting 9 that is for sure. I think they have some tough decisions, but give it another year and i believe they will be competitive as though the next freshman class is full of travel ball players also.
Who is coaching this year at Springboro?........ We had heard that there was a coaching change.

Tim

Tim the head coach is still the same Randy Callahan. He added two new assistants. One is a teacher at the high school who was a pretty good athlete at the high school level and seems to be doing a great job in the conditioning area. The other is travel ball coach. I am not saying they will light the league on fire by any stretch, but they do have a strong freshman class that will allow them to hang in their. It will be interesting to see the starting 9 that is for sure. I think they have some tough decisions, but give it another year and i believe they will be competitive as though the next freshman class is full of travel ball players also.

Ok thank you. One never knows what to believe so thought it best to ask someone from there. And Im glad to see they are getting help from the TB community. It can do nothing but help an already improving program.

Tim

Us?...... Enablers?............Come now you surely must be mistaken

Yes, goodluck to the new coaches, Scott Herman in Troy and Trotwood's new coach. Anyone know his name?

GWOC NORTH PREVIEW

This is a weakest overall conference in the GWOC. The addition of Greenville helps but not enough to make that big a difference this year. Here's how I see it for 2011:

1) Vandalia Butler

Pitching matters and overall 0in the GWOC North pitching is not this conferences strength. It looks like Vandalia has the best pitcher in (Haer), and that gives them the edge. Their offense is above average but on most days a top level pitcher will handle them. I'm not sure if they will improve on their 15-9 record of last year but they should improve their GWOC record of 9-4. They should handle everyone in the conferenc and split with Greenville. That will be the difference.

2) Greenville

Yea I know that most will have them penciled in to win the North easily but really they have zero pitching. Fisherbacks graduation left a grand canyon sized void in the pitching and while they might have the best offensive and defensive team that they have had in years (however the catching spot is a huge question mark), its just too hard to win 10-8 every game. I look for them to do well overall because they are well coached but I can't see them beating the teams with the best pitching in the GWOC like Lebanon, West Carrollton, Miamisburg, and Centerville. I predict a 20-8 season, and an early exit from the palyoffs.

3) Piqua

Piqua is a team that just gets a little better every year. They have hard working players but lack true studs. They are well coached and pitch well enough to once again finish in the middle of the pack in the North. Last year they were 12-15 overall but played very well against good teams. They lost to Butler, Greenville, Wayne, and Miamisburg all by 1 run. They were 8-5 in the GWOC North and should improve on that by 1 or 2 wins this year.

4) Troy

This spot was a tough choice between Troy and Sidney. Troy has better talent but a big question mark with the new coach there. The new coach (Herman) last coached at Middletown Madison where he had one of the best pitchers in the state. He was there only one year and there was alot of drama. At Troy he will not enjoy the luxury of having that type of Ace and it will be interested to see how the players take to his unique style. With the talent they have there, this team could easily end up near the top of this Conference. Early success will help.

5) Sidney

Could have been up one spot but overall I'm not sure that they have the same talent level as Troy. Last year they finished 6-19 and they will be challenged to get to 10 wins overall. I will admit that I don't know as much about some of the players on this team because I didn't have the chance to see many of them during the summer.

6) Trotwood

Seriously all I have to say is they have a new coach, and he has big job in front of him. The good news is, there is nowhere to go but up. The cold hard fact is that Trotwood is winless in the GWOC during the last 5 seasons. I for one am rooting for them to break that streak this season. I predict that they will do that this spring. Won't be shocked if they don't but I see them sneaking up on someone and breaking that streak. Good luck there coach.

Next Up: GWOC Central

Don't worry, Greenville will be fine behind the plate when the season starts. Overall this will be a different team without Fisherback but just remember, they won a state title without a stud pitcher. :)

Funky,

I see it the way you do, but I think Vandalia will not lose a Division game in the North. At least they shouldn't.

Brad
Centerville

Going to beat Funky for the South Predictions (With less detail):

1) Fairborn

They have the pitching, enough hitters/defense to win the division by at 2 least games. Bouldersdad can sandbag all he wants, this is the year for those awesome brown and sky blue uniforms.

2) West Carrollton

They have the pitcher and enough hitting to have a very good year, but just not enough to beat Fairborn.

3) Burg and Lebanon

I hate to pick against the Burg, they always figure out a way to win. Lebanon will flash the leather and have some battle tested hitters, I just don't see how a team can lose the players they lost and still win the division. As a result, the Burg and Warriors will ultimately tie in Division play.

4) Springboro

I think they are a up and coming team, just a year away. Better come to play them, they will compete, but they will ultimately have several 1 to 2 run losses.

5) Xenia

Just not enough to finish above the others.

Those are my "Jimmy the Greek" picks. Please, let me know where I have it wrong!!! The discussions are fun. See ya'll at the field.

Brad
Centerville

Chewy the greek.............. I like it, It has a ring to it

Brad,
I am not calling you out...... But everyone has to remember when making predictions .... WEST CARROLLTON could go undefeated and it doesn't matter because they are not officially in the GWOC until 2012. This is their probation period they're stats count but not their win, loss. Right, wrong, or indifferent that is the way it is. So you gotta drop em to the bottom.

Chris

Going to beat Funky for the South Predictions (With less detail):

1) Fairborn

They have the pitching, enough hitters/defense to win the division by at 2 least games. Bouldersdad can sandbag all he wants, this is the year for those awesome brown and sky blue uniforms.

2) West Carrollton

They have the pitcher and enough hitting to have a very good year, but just not enough to beat Fairborn.

3) Burg and Lebanon

I hate to pick against the Burg, they always figure out a way to win. Lebanon will flash the leather and have some battle tested hitters, I just don't see how a team can lose the players they lost and still win the division. As a result, the Burg and Warriors will ultimately tie in Division play.

4) Springboro

I think they are a up and coming team, just a year away. Better come to play them, they will compete, but they will ultimately have several 1 to 2 run losses.

5) Xenia

Just not enough to finish above the others.

Those are my "Jimmy the Greek" picks. Please, let me know where I have it wrong!!! The discussions are fun. See ya'll at the field.

Brad
Centerville

I didn't realize that. They counted records in basketball this winter didn't they?

Brad,
I am not calling you out...... But everyone has to remember when making predictions .... WEST CARROLLTON could go undefeated and it doesn't matter because they are not officially in the GWOC until 2012. This is their probation period they're stats count but not their win, loss. Right, wrong, or indifferent that is the way it is. So you gotta drop em to the bottom.

Chris

Brad,

Chris

Didn't know that either, thanks for the heads-up. My apologies for the lack of knowledge to the rules.