Gwoc 2013

Where are all the gwoc people at? Lets here what everyone thinks for the 2013 season.

South:
Lebanon
Fairborn
Miamisburg
West Carrollton
Springboro
Xenia

Central:
Northmont
Centerville
Beavercreek
Springfield
Wayne
Fairmont

North:
Greenville
Butler
Piqua
Troy
Sidney
Trotwood

With that, Lebanon is loaded again. They are the team to be in the GWOC, and look to be the favorite to return to state out of the SW part of Ohio. Fairborn returns some good bats, but not sure who will step up and pitch this year for them. Miamisburg lost a ton of seniors. They will be hard to replace. West Carrollton has a couple pretty good players capable of giving teams problems in their pitcher and the SS, I believe.
Northmont should be pretty good. Can they compete with the top teams in the SW part of the state to get past the district hump? We will see.
The Central will be improved. Northmont ran the table last year, but that will be much harder this year as Centerville has improved pitching and more experience. Beavercreek returns their 4 year starter at pitcher and one of the better OF's in the GWOC. Springfield will surprise some people and will end up being one of the better teams in the GWOC. Their pitcher is tough. Fairmont lost a lot and is young and inexperienced, as is Wayne.
The North will not be strong at all and Greenville should roll to yet another league title. Unless someone from Piqua regains their form from a couple years ago pitching, I do not see the Wave getting tested from anyone in the North.

MC_Hammers wrote: "Beavercreek returns their 4 year starter at pitcher and one of the better OF's in the GWOC."

I'm saddened and frustrated to report that OF (my daughter) had her ACL torn and repaired in December and will be out of sports for 6-8 months. She is a senior so that is it for her high school career.

To her credit, she has gone to nearly every open gym to see what she can contribute to the team. Pretty difficult when she was on crutches most of January and is not even allowed to swing a bat!

MC_Hammers wrote: "Beavercreek returns their 4 year starter at pitcher and one of the better OF's in the GWOC."

I'm saddened and frustrated to report that OF (my daughter) had her ACL torn and repaired in December and will be out of sports for 6-8 months. She is a senior so that is it for her high school career.

To her credit, she has gone to nearly every open gym to see what she can contribute to the team. Pretty difficult when she was on crutches most of January and is not even allowed to swing a bat!

If you are referring to Alex H, that is too bad. She was a tough out and great little defender out there. Sorry to hear. That will definately hurt Beavercreek this year.

The loss of Alex H for the year, is going to be very tough to over come for the Beavers

South:
Lebanon
Fairborn
Miamisburg
West Carrollton
Springboro
Xenia

Central:
Northmont
Centerville
Beavercreek
Springfield
Wayne
Fairmont

North:
Greenville
Butler
Piqua
Troy
Sidney
Trotwood

With that, Lebanon is loaded again. They are the team to be in the GWOC, and look to be the favorite to return to state out of the SW part of Ohio. Fairborn returns some good bats, but not sure who will step up and pitch this year for them. Miamisburg lost a ton of seniors. They will be hard to replace. West Carrollton has a couple pretty good players capable of giving teams problems in their pitcher and the SS, I believe.

I agree with Lebanon being the team to beat. They are just SO loaded in every way.

Question though....is Tara Trainer pitching this year? I know Lebanon has some deep talent with pitchers but Tara Trainer is something special. She will be a loss if she is not healed from her accident (either way I think Lebanon goes the distance).

I hope she is getting better one of the best i have ever seen. Her speed kills.

Fairborn will go as far as their pitching will take them, they have the bats to put runs on the board. Pitching is the big?

Chris living there I do follow it. We had a good 11-2 season in 2009 the rest have been sub par. 6-4/6-4/4-4/3-8 far from top in the GWOC. We have no youth or feeder program and our pitching is sub par. we have a tough ride coming. Our JV and Baker teams are very weak this year and last.

Chris living there I do follow it. We had a good 11-2 season in 2009 the rest have been sub par. 6-4/6-4/4-4/3-8 far from top in the GWOC. We have no youth or feeder program and our pitching is sub par. we have a tough ride coming. Our JV and Baker teams are very weak this year and last.

Well playing in the same GWOC South division as Lebanon and Miamisburg can't help. Fairborn was a regional team last year, and should have won their regional game against Oak Hill. Sophie Bolser simply caught fire during the tournament and was nearly untouchable.
Unless their pitching is horrible, with their bats they should compete with most teams in the area.

Pretty much a 'meh" thread so for this year. Someone from Greenville ask for some predictions. I made some observations and NO ONE else has bothered to give an opinion on the GWOC as a whole. I guess all the other blabbers had kids that graduated and moved on.
Makes for a pretty boring thread......

Hammer

My dd graduated last year but I have a frosh niece this year so you guys are stuck with me 4 more years.
I dont know about Greenville rolling up the North with the turnover in players but the Lady Wave has 2 young pitcher coming on for this spring. Should be a wild ride this spring as I think this team will surprise some people.
Lebanon is the easy pick in the south with all that talent from last years team. I think the fun will be in the Central, wonder if Northmont can overcome that District loss.

Hammer

My dd graduated last year but I have a frosh niece this year so you guys are stuck with me 4 more years.
I dont know about Greenville rolling up the North with the turnover in players but the Lady Wave has 2 young pitcher coming on for this spring. Should be a wild ride this spring as I think this team will surprise some people.
Lebanon is the easy pick in the south with all that talent from last years team. I think the fun will be in the Central, wonder if Northmont can overcome that District loss.

I think that loss is fresh in their minds, and it is serving as a great motivator. I think there are some teams that are more than capable of knocking the Bolts off their throne as Central champs, and it starts with Centerville, Beavercreek and Springfield. All of these teams have key ingredients that can beat you on any night. Springfield has a couple big bats and a tough pitcher. Centerville had two very young pitchers last year and one of the better players in the league in Scholle and a good catcher in Hopf. Beavercreek has a four year starter at pitcher and she gives us fits. I think it is one step at a time for us, and winning the Central is important, but anything can happen...injuries always seem to factor into how successful teams can be.

We have a date with you guys on May 10th to end the season, should be a great matchup with the T-Bolts. To bad your not coming to Greenville to play at the new Lady Wave stadium.

Wave Rider- Have you had a chance to see the new bleachers that they just finished installing? If you hadn't, stop out and check them out ,they are awsome!

I drove out there Sunday afternoon and parked in centerfield just so I could take it all in LOL. Its a great view for sure.