Have your showcase plans changed?

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
So what everyone plans on showcase events? With the Dead period extended into August are you willing to fork out the big bucks to attend a event that not supposed by live streaming?

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i think there could be issues with teams fees paid long ago before anyone knew the dead period would be pushed back again and again... there is noway out. there really aren't any real showcase events this summer. you have to do the showcasing yourself!

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
we are live streaming games every weekend. Girls still contacting coaches. D3, NAIA still coming out. I got 2 offers last week for my only 2021 on the team. I think the 2022s are going to feel the effects unless they are top of the food chain in their positions and really working smart. I would say hard but there's a difference in working Smart and working hard.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
if you have an off weekend, try to sub with a team that is playing some type of showcase event or ones that play in a tourney that is live streaming... then you better be in touch with schools and give them complete accurate details... address, field # game times, teamname and head coach, your jersey #, position you are playing etc..... if you leave anything out, they might not show up.

ALLPH0

Reaction score
Does anyone think that the days of the big showcases are over?

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone think that the days of the big showcases are over?

I'm believe in the next couple of years showcases will start loosing ground to live steaming of games. Let face it covid-19 has made everyone take a serious look at how they get the girls in front of college coaches. And I'm sure many College Coaches won't have the budget they once had. One other thing for the cost of just one showcase you can live stream all your games for the year. I believe showcase event have prices thereshelf out of the market place. But only time will tell.