How about a preseason top ten

So I know it's early, but what is UJ's top ten right now...with a reserved right to change of course.

Yeah, let's fire this thing up. It has been MUCH to quite. Uber, I will send you my preseason top ten.

Limiting it to TCL and NLL due to my extremely limited knowledge at this time.
1. Clay
2. Springfield
3. Southview
4. Anthony Wayne
5. Perrysburg
6. St. Ursula
7. Central
8. Northview
9. Whitmer
10. Notre Dame

Move Perrysburg up 3 places if K. Bryson 100% healthy.
Please critique as you see fit.

I need some information on a few teams, so this is my PRE preseason personal top 10, I will post a pollsters top 10 in the middle of Jan.

1) Springfield
2) Archbold
3) Clay
4) AW
5) SUA
6) Perrysburg
7) Wauseon
8) Southview
9) Whitmer
10) Elmwood

I need information on Wauseon, Eastwood, Genoa, New Reigel, Bath and Defiance.

I know Defiance lost Their offensive force, I dont know who is back at Wauseon other then Chloe Stiriz and Maddog, not sure of Eastwood's pitching status and completely clueless about Bath and New Reigel.

I know Archbold lost kern and Evergreen lost Natter and Herr.

So this might be a good thread to start the banter of up and coming players and who lost who :)

BTW I still NEED some more voters, just PM me with your background which as anybody who has voted and is willing to admit voting I have kept confidental :)

Uber, what is your reason for placing Springfield and Archbold above Clay in your ranking? As you probably remember Clay pounded the Devils in the district final last May and only lost Screptock and Rice, neither who where much of a factor last season,and Springfield lost Bandeen. As you stated, Archbold lost a very good pitcher in Kern. Who is the pitcher that will replace her?
St. Ursula, who struggled offensively last season, lost there best offensive player in Grana and has little coming up to be placed ahead of teams like Perrysburg and Southview, who both have the majority of their teams returning including their pitchers.
Any other opinions out there?

Uber, what is your reason for placing Springfield and Archbold above Clay in your ranking? As you probably remember Clay pounded the Devils in the district final last May and only lost Screptock and Rice, neither who where much of a factor last season,and Springfield lost Bandeen. As you stated, Archbold lost a very good pitcher in Kern. Who is the pitcher that will replace her?
St. Ursula, who struggled offensively last season, lost there best offensive player in Grana and has little coming up to be placed ahead of teams like Perrysburg and Southview, who both have the majority of their teams returning including their pitchers.

My reasoning for placing Springfield and Archbold ahead of Clay in MY top 10 is this. I am not going to hold 1 game against Springfield, they have without a doubt in my mind been the best Softball team in our area the past 2 years, now the core is full of seniors. Archbold IMO has the best collection of athletism in our area, they have the Hard throwing Wyse or Wise to fill the void left by Kern. I watched Archbold play last year and all I can say is wow, that is one fast, athletic, hitting team. I think your minimizing the loss of Rice IMO, she did not have a great offensive year, but near the end of the year she was hitting, but you left out Lindsey Wyse, the kid was good in all phases of the game. But to me those are clearly the top 3 teams, I think you could make an argument that any one of the 3 could be rated #1.

BTW I hope your kidding but if your not...Tori Allen was and is the best offensive player SUA has, and she was last year too, she lead the league in hitting :)

Uber, Defiance has seven starters back, all of their pitching staff and catcher from a 23 and 2 team in 2009. They did lose their centerfielder and shortstop, but I think defensively they will get those positions covered. They lost a good stick and leader in their centerfielder, but I think they have some good sticks returning. Defiance beat Archbold, Wauseon, Clay and Bath during the regular season. I wouldn't count them out of another very good season since they have their pitching crew back and 7 starters. I think they deserve a spot in the top ten.

I guess one game = a season. Good philosophy. Is that what you teach the kids your around? One game is the only thing that matters. If you lose to a team than you will not be able to beat them in the future. The Blue Devils and Clay split last year. I have no problem with your picks just your philosophy is questionable.

Uber, Defiance has seven starters back, all of their pitching staff and catcher from a 23 and 2 team in 2009. They did lose their centerfielder and shortstop, but I think defensively they will get those positions covered. They lost a good stick and leader in their centerfielder, but I think they have some good sticks returning. Defiance beat Archbold, Wauseon, Clay and Bath during the regular season. I wouldn't count them out of another very good season since they have their pitching crew back and 7 starters. I think they deserve a spot in the top ten.

Good info copper, thanks!

Uber, I wasn't kidding, without being negative to the player, scorekeeping can be very subjective and misleading at times. Allen has been a good player all the way up in travel and has developed a very solid reputation. Grana had an unbelievable senior year on base wise.
Blue, you must admit that it was more than one game for Clay as they won approx. their last 18-20 games in a row till their loss to Elyria. And that was a 1-1 game in 7th. Don't be so defensive, I was just asking Uber his opinion.
Springfield is a very good team with one of the top pitchers in the area.

The biggest impact will come from all the coaching changes this year.
I have never seen so many coaches move around like this before.
There is still 1 position open to my knowledge (Waite).

How will the new coaches impact there programs????
Only time will tell.

I would give the edge to those teams that still have there coaches

Clay and Springfield flip a coin or pick your favorite

The biggest impact will come from all the coaching changes this year.
I have never seen so many coaches move around like this before.
There is still 1 position open to my knowledge (Waite).

How will the new coaches impact there programs????
Only time will tell.

I would give the edge to those teams that still have there coaches

Clay and Springfield flip a coin or pick your favorite

I agree with the coaching changes, I also havent seen anything like this either. One thing I will say is the coaches that have recently taken jobs Zoltowski and Butch Jaworski those guys win in the summer with their teams, they seem to be organized and well coached. It's exciting to see a few coaches break the good ole boys network :lmao:

Uber, I wasn't kidding, without being negative to the player, scorekeeping can be very subjective and misleading at times. Allen has been a good player all the way up in travel and has developed a very solid reputation. Grana had an unbelievable senior year on base wise.
Blue, you must admit that it was more than one game for Clay as they won approx. their last 18-20 games in a row till their loss to Elyria. And that was a 1-1 game in 7th. Don't be so defensive, I was just asking Uber his opinion.
Springfield is a very good team with one of the top pitchers in the area.

I'm not I personally could careless what beleive, however you based your list on Clay beat Springfield in states.

Dont forget Springfield had a run of their own the year before. Lost three players and finished 23-3 last year. It is very hard to repeat. The team that is hot at the end of the year will be the team that makes a run at states again this year.

Take a look at Northview last year. They were hot at the end and look what they did. Finished with a 10-11 overall record. Based on your theroy Northview should be in the Top 10. Maybe they should but not only based on what they did at the end of the year.

To sum it up. Make your prediction based on what is coming back not on one game last year. JMHO

All is good. The girls will settle it all on the field.

I would predict the top 5 this way:

Clay/Springfield-Toss up
Archbold
Defiance
AW

Clay is loaded- possible the best offence in the area.
Springfield- May be the second best offence in the area
Archbold- I agree with Uber. The most athletic team in NWO
AW- they are always are in the mix. A great softball community and it shows year in and year out.

We all know what wins championships

Pitching=Championships

It all comes down to pitching- injuries-fatigue- ect....

Yeah really its all subjective at this point, it doesn't matter what any of us think! Lol

I would predict the top 5 this way:
We all know what wins championships

Pitching=Championships

It all comes down to pitching- injuries-fatigue- ect....
I agree and disagree with u there Jim..,
Pitching+Solid Defense = Championships

I use 3 examples: One last year Elyria and Clay game both pitching pitch great till that seventh inning and Clay ( Ironic the pitcher) made a defensive mistake that eventually cost them the game.

Now I remember the city championship game of (wow now its been 3 yrs time flys) Clay vers SUA Holmes vers Schultz great pitches dual game came down to again A defensive Mistake.. and Clay took advantage and won.

And with last with out a Solid Defense in my Daughters Sua win 2 yrs ago over Whitmer, they would not of won their City championship

I'm sure there is more.. I can prob pick your Clay vers Springfield states game. I believe at one point once someone in the infield made a mistake and Clay Scored early in the game. Then started to snow ball from there.

Btw how is everyone doing
.:cool:

ok my top 10 which will be VERy rusty

1) Clay
2)Springfield
3) Archbold
4) AW
5) Perrysburg
6) Defiance
7) Wauseon
8) Southview
9) Whitmer
10) Elmwood

Btw I don't see Sua having a great year this yr and wouldn't be surprised to Not see them make a city's final four..but Tori should be a Stand out Agian this year count on that. I do question this teams players of wanting it(the DRIVE)and over all talent is just not there like last year. They got only 4 returning starters. But I'll be rooting for them, I just got realistic expectations this year
.:cool:

I'm not I personally could careless what beleive, however you based your list on Clay beat Springfield in states.

Dont forget Springfield had a run of their own the year before. Lost three players and finished 23-3 last year. It is very hard to repeat. The team that is hot at the end of the year will be the team that makes a run at states again this year.

Take a look at Northview last year. They were hot at the end and look what they did. Finished with a 10-11 overall record. Based on your theroy Northview should be in the Top 10. Maybe they should but not only based on what they did at the end of the year.

To sum it up. Make your prediction based on what is coming back not on one game last year. JMHO

All is good. The girls will settle it all on the field.

Prediction WAS made on who was coming back! Whoever is hot is correct.

I am glad we have been able to generate opinion during Hot Stove time.

Just for fun lets fill out and match up Clay and Springfield.
Clay
1B-Laberdee?
2B-Simon
SS-H. Thompson
3B-B. Thompson?
LF-?
CF-Crawford
RF-Holmes
C-Stibbanaer(sp)
P-Graham

Springfield
1B-Haley
2B-Zappone
SS-Richberg
3B-Brown?
LF-Cowdray
CF-Shipman?
RF-Rockman
C-Atkins
P-Michalak

Revisions, additions, deletions are needed!
Any position by position comparisons?