How about helping out an old guy

wvanalmsick

Reaction score
My DD is long out of softball. She was a 93 baby. Even when she played, her teams were always referenced as 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U not 93's, 94' s, and so on. I guess there is nothing wrong with that except now I have to do some math to figure out which age group we are talking about. I did fairly well in math, despite being a graduate of the public school system. Using my six sigma and lean manufacturing skills that I use all week at work, I find this to be a wasted step and should hereby be eliminated.

Maybe we can put a chart on top of the webpage, near the advertisements, for use older people.

What do you think???:confused:

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When the year is at the end - the team name stays the same for the next decade........And if only one team per age group in each division - you do not need to add the coach name or a color distinction, etc.
Kind of like having to get use to writing 17 instead of 16 when writing the new date in January. It will take a couple of weeks, but even with a public education will be pretty simple..............

For this Softball year -
18U = 98 & 99
16U = 00 & 01
14U = 02 & 03
12U = 04 & 05
10U = 06 & 07

Please feel free to copy & put in your wallet!
My public service is done for the week............

dogsdad

Reaction score
Great idea, but where do you add the SUPER SPECIAL UNMATCHED ELITE label?