How Many???

What do you choose at the coin toss for Timed Games?

• Total voters

Just curious on how many teams your DD has played on over the years. Yes, there are many many reasons of why, but just a simple poll to see what the churn rate is.. Also if you respond how many years has she played for?

My two--- 2 yrs rec type on one and 4 on another
---- 3 rec type and now venturing out to the next step

played an hour away from home at 10u ( did'nt know local community had a team ) played with the local team at 11 and12u , playing with larger organization at 13u. MD

one team at 12u since it's her first year for the fastball.....skipped rec league and went straight to the majors....:eek:

Not counting rec, 2 teams, 1 for a year, second for going on 6.

4 different rec teams
2 years travel for same team

will start 12U next year - Has played since she was 4 years old

3 daughters:
5 years travel ball - one team
3 years travel ball - one team
1 year travel ball - one team (obviously)

1 daughter
1 travel team - 4 yrs.
1 rec team - 6 yrs.
1 fall ball team - 2 yrs.

1 year did all 3 at once - crazy!!!!

DD has played on 2 travel teams
2 years first team. Would still be playing if organization didn't close.

This will be 2nd year on team #2.

She has also played rec ball for 8years.

My dd played rec on the same team for 6-7 years.
Does it matter I helped coach it :yahoo:

2 - travel teams.

First one allot of the girls were too young, still friends with the coach.
Second one, only played 3 tournaments. - not enough games played.

I think the way to do it is leave on good terms if at all possible. At next year's tournaments, you just have that many more friends.

This year going to find a team that plays more.

Straightleg

One rec team for four years and one year of travel. This year did both at the same time. Just turned 11.

Same Rec Team 4 Yrs. 1 14U Team this summer (Disbanded) and a New Team in 14 U Next Year...

one DD
florida
2 rec teams
2 travel teams
ohio
2 travel teams

i thin the best reason to eave teams is you out grow them - or they don't have the same goals you do

DD has played on 2 teams.
First year she was new to travel was a miserable experience. The head coach was a flake, parents argued, players argued. I was asked to help coach, but my input was never needed or taken into consideration. Towards the end of the season when I complained about something to the coach, he told me if I didn't like it to start my own team....so I did.

My dd has now been on 3 travel teams. The 1st was a truly bad experience. Well deserved move. The 2nd travel team was and continues to be a great one. However, the chemistry between the girls was not the best situation for my dd and her summer was kinda lonely. :( As far as coaching, parents, and organization in general they are an awesome org. The 3rd team, as far as I know is also a great one. The girls on the team are current friends of my dd so she is not struggling with making friends, because they already are. A big plus is the High School softball coach is part of this organization (will not be her coach, though). He will be at all her games and be able to see where she is strong and where she needs more developed. :yahoo: I feel like we are team hoppers, "grass is always greener" kinda people right now. I will really miss the other team and families and coaches. :( But we had to go where my dd would be happier. First practice on Sunday....we shall see!! :confused:

local rec team
(1) 8yrs

travel teams
1yr - 12U-tough miserable season - definate learning lesson :mad:
1yr - 14U-loved the parents, players, & coach...organization
downsized :confused:
3yrs - 14U-16U-played with the same coach & organization...just
some different players...every year was enjoyable:yahoo:...coach
now moving back down with the younger girls again...looking at
new team for summer 2009

One daughter playing Softball
Rec 3 years one team good solid team fell apart when girls went into other sports
Rec 4 more years 4 different teams all good experiences
( School junior high team 2 years with same girls -great bunch of girls great "team players")
Last year -her first 14u travel/tournament team: loved it and loved the team never thought we would leave organization but made a hard decision to play for a much more local team that her cousin and school friends play for. Will never forget her rookie year of tournament ball and all the great people in that organiztion.

DD has played on three teams in three years. Had to switch each time because the team disbanded. Just got the e-mail yesterdy -- Guess what ? Coach isn't going to have an 18U team next year ? Maybe DD's a jinx !! Next year = team #4.