2nd-Road Runners

14u
1st-Ohio Classics-Black
2nd-Buckeye Heat-13u

12u
1st-Muskie Chix
2nd-Road Runners

Great Job Ladys...

Very nice tournament with 8 games played. I appreciate Coach Moorehead for letting my 10U team play up in this tournament which was a very good experience for my players. All the 12U teams were very good. Thanks for a very nice weekend.

Jeff Klopfer
Ohio Classics 10U

LOL, I guarantee that nothing was in the water and we feed them standard fare. ?

We have been concentrating on hitting this season and it has become our meat and potatoes. ?Each hitting session is videotaped and reviewed with the girls to tweak their swing. ?I believe that we are seeing the results of some hard work and dedication by these young ladies.

The two you mentioned are Missy from Franklin Heights (Columbus) and Andy from Canal Winchester(Columbus area). ?Yes, their HS coach should be very happy to be getting these girl, but they cannot be any happier than I am right now. ?THe entire team has vastly improved their hitting and there should be quite a few HS coaches with a smile on their face next spring.?

On a separate note, I had the honor of meeting the owner of Ohio Fastpitch Connection this weekend as he was the tournament director of the Independence Weekend Blowout. Coach Moorehead had done so much for fastpitch softball and it was humbling to meet a living legend. He is a super person and he ran a super tournament. Great Job! I look forward to seeing you again on a softball field somewhere.

When you tape the girls do you watch after they hit and let them see it,or wait another day.Do you hit indoors so you can have a t.v. or how do you do that.Sounds like it would be best to have them watch ASAP and then hit and see if they improve.How ever you do this doing it every seek sounds like something our team might try.

We are blessed at having a facilty complete with a TV and VHS so the girls can immediatley review their hitting session. ?We will break it down to slo - motion so they can see things like their shoulders dipping, hands dropping, point of contact, eye focus, etc. ?Right after reviewing the vidoe tape, they are back in the cage working on correcting their swing. ?We saw immediate results in the first tournament after starting this exercise. ?I then bring the tapes home to review them at my own leisure to make a detail list of things to work on during the next session. ?The impact of this type of practice has been increase production during the game. ?The parents are usually at these video taping and it is a good thing. ?They are also made aware of things to work on at home with their daughters. ?This carryover is invaluable as hitting is only for 2 hours a week, practice at home adds more to the lesson. ?It definately works for my team as I am very happy with the increase in power and average of ALL of the players.

The Buckeye Heat will be back in Zanesville for the Jamboree. THey have trading pins, but we will be in Orlando for the nationals 2 weeks before the Jamboree so they may not have many pins left.

Tryouts are August 13-14 - more info later

its_agood_day: Thanks. The Heat tryouts will indeed be on August 13-14 at Thomas Worthington H.S. Worthington is a suburb of Columbus. We'll have more detailed info soon on times and teams and will post that here on OFC.

And yes, we have plenty of trading pins. There is no shortage of those.