Inside the park home run or triple, E8?

backstop09

Reaction score
If Tyler Naquin's hit against the Blue Jays had happened in a softball game, how many of you would have scored it triple, E8? I saw one clip that night and have not seen it since where the 3rd base coach did not wave him home until the centerfielder fell down.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure what the scoring guideline says when someone falls down as opposed to making a bad throw or dropping a ball, but I wondered the same thing. Your son wasn't pitching was he? :)

The only important thing was that the Tribe won! (though it was a cool way to do it)

wow

Reaction score
If the kids mom who hit the ball was the scorekeeper it is a HR. This goes without saying... Not sure you could get an in the park HR in the majors without a E of some sort, or other crazy event.

backstop09

Reaction score
Watching this both as it happened and by replays over the next couple of days, I just don't see it as an inside the park home run. Had the center fielder backed up the right fielder and played the carom off the wall, Naquin may have been held to a double. Triple, at the most. That lack of hustle or brain fade in and of itself was not an error but when the center fielder did finally field the ball and tripped over his own feet while trying to make a throw, that in my mind made it a no-doubt triple, E8.

FastBat

Reaction score
I thought it was a triple, with runner getting home on an E8.

Last edited: