JO Cup

Strohbro

Reaction score
Presently there are 5 teams participating in the ASA JO Cup. Three from the Ohio Hawks in 14U, 16U and 18U along with two teams from the Ohio Outlaws in 14U and 18U.
The Ohio Hawks 14U lost a very tough game against the Ohio Outlaws in their second round bracket game. Moves them to the losers bracket to continue to fight.
The Ohio Hawks 16U have won both of their bracket games in dramatic fashion in their last at bat. Team is playing very well and looks to continue their roll Thursday.
The Ohio Hawks 18U also won both their bracket games with good pitching and timely hitting. They look to stay undefeated on Thursday.
The 18U Outlaws look to bounce back Thursday after getting knocked down to the losers bracket. Game at a time now for them and the Ohio Hawks 14U team.
The Ohio Hawks have had great success this season winning 16U ASA States, GAPSS and Stingrays. We also have a 16U team headed to PGF Premier Nationals. If you are looking for an organization that gets girls in front of coaches, check them out.
www.ohiohawks.com

manitoudan

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates . Where is this being played ?

tjsmize3

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates . Where is this being played ?
JO Cup is played in Chesterfield, MO.

After Wed play Outlaws Premier 14u remain the only undefeated team in the tournament and are #1 out of 26 teams at this age group. Hawks doing well at #14. We had a great game vs each other last night that went to ITB!

Here is the link to the standings and live score updates:
https://gc.com/tmt/summer-2018/2018-usa-softball-jo-cup-14u-5a6a1fb6d860690021447791

Here is the link to our bracket:
http://gfp.tournamentusasoftball.com/i!/brackets/Results.php?BSID=61354&SD=SNDWSKUUDC95J2T9DF

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
Hawks 14u won this morning... 5-0 still in it and playing well. Hawks 16u and 18u still in winners bracket, play at 5pm CST

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
Glad to see the Outlaws and Hawks doing well. I was wondering one thing, what is the $3000 fee for? I saw it was a 5 gg and I get this is a pretty elite event, was just wondering where that kind of money was going?

Strohbro

Reaction score
16U Hawks Lenos and 18U Hawks Hutchinson win their third consecutive bracket game. Both shutting out their opponent. Puts them in the winners bracket final on their side of the bracket.
14U Outlaws win and puts them in the winners bracket on their side of the bracket.
18U Outlaws not updated as of this time but won their game this morning.
14U Hawks won two in the losers bracket before falling to Gold Coast Hurricanes.

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
Glad to see the Outlaws and Hawks doing well. I was wondering one thing, what is the $3000 fee for? I saw it was a 5 gg and I get this is a pretty elite event, was just wondering where that kind of money was going?
Top finishing teams do get rewarded.. I think the winners get $5500. Also, a good portion does go to the US National team.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
Outlaws Premier 14u Schmeiser walk off victory against TN Fury. Their pitcher is LSU commit. Very talented team and one of the toughest games we've played all season. You never know where a little belief in yourself will take you. Some of these players growing up right in front of our eyes down here. Great experience so far.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
Top finishing teams do get rewarded.. I think the winners get $5500. Also, a good portion does go to the US National team.

Oh, that is a nice twist, I never thought of that. I figured some did go to the national team. Just curious, I appreciate the response.

Strohbro

Reaction score
18U Ohio Hawks Gold Hutchinson playing in the Championship game tomorrow against either St. Louis Chaos or Texas Glory Adkins. Hutchinson's team is on a 33 inning scoreless streak.
16U Ohio Hawks Gold Lenos just couldn't get the hit they needed to keep playing and should have a top 6 finish.
14U Ohio Outlaws will play in the "IF" game tomorrow morning to try and make it to the Championship game.

Here are the brackets:
http://gfp.tournamentusasoftball.com/i!/brackets/Results.php?TID=20198&BSID=61349

Strohbro

Reaction score
18U Ohio Hawks Hutchinson loses a tough one 2-0 against the St. Louis Chaos. Heck of a run for them. Finish second at the ASA JO Cup!!

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
So proud of the Ohio teams and how they represent!! Congratulations Ohio Outlaws and Ohio Hawks!
So proud of my entire organization and the amazing coaching staff we have been able to develop over the years. Crazy how far we have come since the start and it could not have happened without all of my coaches, players, parents, and everyone else involved. Truly an amazing group of people!

Run26

Reaction score
So proud of the Ohio teams and how they represent!! Congratulations Ohio Outlaws and Ohio Hawks!
So proud of my entire organization and the amazing coaching staff we have been able to develop over the years. Crazy how far we have come since the start and it could not have happened without all of my coaches, players, parents, and everyone else involved. Truly an amazing group of people!
Warren - I agree. Congrats to all the teams that took on this opportunity. I'm wondering if you all would be able to provide some feedback on why you chose this event. It's a relatively new tournament and I'm wondering what drew you to it. I'm by no means trying to downplay it but why not just go to PGF for far less of an entry fee? Your organization use to preach the PGF path to getting noticed and this is an ASA event.
Did you or Doug Lenos attract more college coaches than say a 16U or 18U ASA National event such as Gold Nationals?

JO Cup also supports Team USA so did that play a role in your choice? For now, the teams appear to be mostly Midwest organizations. Do you see this pulling in more West Coast orgs are are they heavily rooted in PGF.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.