kent state showcase

has anyone heard anything about how the showcase went this weekend ?? just curious

I can only speak, as a father, of a daughter who participated in the Pitching Showcase.
Well run, helpful staff, good venue to showcase talent, great talent and many college coaches. My daughter was impressed with good attitudes of the competing athletes.
Only draw back was I only saw one DISPLAY radar gun. So in 4 cages, a pitcher was furtunate if she got clocked, as they had to shuffle the display from one cage to another.

my dd went for the first time. we thought the staff was very nice and put on a great showcase. looking forward to next year.

Kirt posted the Best of Best and Best of Showcase on his web site: kfastpitch.com

Remember this is the Ringor Showcase. Kent State has a camp before the Showcase.

Doesn't the Cup 2006 Teams head out this week? Go USA! Beware of the pastries...my husband gained 5 lbs from it last year!

JAM - There were actually 2 of the display radar guns. One was used for the Showcase Tournament Games and the other was used for the Pitching Showcase. I talked to Kirt after the Showcase ended and he indicated he would have more of these at the Showcase next year.

The Cup Teams do leave on Wednesday for the Netherlands. The World Cup Tournament will be Friday-Sunday.

This was, once again, a well run showcase. Kirt and his staff do a great job.

The guns were a good addition. But, after talking to knowledgeable spectators, knowing what some of these girls normally throw, and my own judgement, I'd say that the readings with the gun at the games were 2-3 mph slow. It will just take some experience to get them tweeked in.

rdsherman5,
Thanks for info. It be nice if they could post mph "highs" for each pitcher when they were clcoked. That way, each girl is ensured of being clocked.
Great venue, very pleased.

eagle4:

The 2006 N.A.S.T. teams have safely landed in Amsterdam and the weather gods appear to be smiling for their Friday tour of the city.

As for gaining weight, several of last year's parents actually lost weight because of all the walking in Amsterdam and Paris. Unfortunately, it was a fairly expensive form of weight-loss program, so DD is on her own this year. :(