LABOR DAY TOURNAMENT-What do you think??

Simpsoj

Reaction score
Good Morning All!! Since I got a good bit of feedback from my previous post about format, how about a question about WHEN!!

If we hosted a tournament over Labor Day Weekend, 2016 would you be interested-Location would be SW Ohio; Cincinnati Area? I would envision play beginning on Friday and giving us Saturday, Sunday and possibly Monday to finish up!

Here are some of the specifics I can think of quickly:

1. ASA National Qualifier......National bid to winner of each division
2. One LARGE facility OR multiple facilities with lighting
3. Possibly having individual divisions at a single facility; requiring multiple facilities for the tournament
4. 4-GG.........2 Pool Play and Double Elimination
5. 1:15 to 1:30 time limit.....some changes to that based on teams, games being played, diamonds being available etc. but we would hope for the limits listed or longer if possible

If you would be interested give me a "HECK YEAH".....LOL!!
If not, why?
What might change your mind?

Thanks in advance....AGAIN!!!

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
Our tournament date for Memorial Weekend is still open and looking! Heck yeah.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our tournament date for Memorial Weekend is still open and looking! Heck yeah.

Your weekend would still be open.......since he is discussing a Labor Day Tourney........lol
But you could go ahead & pencil this in, to have your first event of 2016/17 covered!!!!

I think it could be a great idea........especially for teams that are basically returning their entire teams............
I don't like the idea of offering an ASA/USA Berth that weekend!
There are girls who go to Queen of Diamonds South & other clinics & camps that weekend. Many teams it would be their first time playing together.
Those berths are very valuable & I don't think should be handed out so early in the season, when so very limited.......Just my Opinion....

Last edited:

Simpsoj

Reaction score
Your weekend would still be open.......since he is discussing a Labor Day Tourney........lol
But you could go ahead & pencil this in, to have your first event of 2016/17 covered!!!!

I think it could be a great idea........especially for teams that are basically returning their entire teams............
There are girls who go to Queen of Diamonds South & other clinics & camps that weekend. Many teams it would be their first time playing together.
Those berths are very valuable & I don't think should be handed out so early in the season, when so very limited.......Just my Opinion....

Just feeling things out. We had a nice response to the end of Sept. Tournament but that time of year school is in, other sports are beginning it's just a thought! Thanks for the replies!!

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
Aye aye Captain....this is the only date we havent decided on yet. The remaining dates are set.