When - June 13-15, 2014
Who - 18+U, 16+U, 14+U, 12+U, 10+U
Where - Columbus area
How many games - 7 gg, weather permitting

For registration form,
email jcav@bright.net
or Lasers@LadyLasers.com
or call 419-294-3265

For 7gg that is pretty cheap. Others are 4 and 5 gg and are that much or close to it

All these big tournaments getting crazy with prices. Major expenses are umpires, softballs and field rentals. Umpire and softball prices havent gone up in years so unless field rentals are going up crazy amounts dont understand why tournament entries keep climbing.

I know. I put $600 in my budget, thinking I would have it covered. Gosh in my business, if I raised my prices this much of a % in one year, I would jeopardize a fair amount of business. So, is the product worth the price or no?
7 GG is enticing, sure...but man...$650 for a 12U team. I think Nationals is that much.
Just popping off. I'm sure we'll enter, but will feel it in the rear end.

By way of comparison, Compuware is that same weekend. $695 and I'm pretty sure its a 5GG with mandatory Thursday play. Keep in mind, it's not just the number of games but the quality of the competition and college exposure for the older girls. I don't see that price deterring good teams from applying.

Hopefully with the increase, it will cover temp fences. Had a few outs last year that would've went yard. I'm sure we weren't the only one.

7GG under $500 is extremely cheap. Do they have 2 umpires for every game? What are the time limits?

One is 90 minute time limits, and two umpires, The other was an hour 25, also with two umpires. Neither implied that they are showcases, but had they, would that justify raising the price another $150...and for what...the lure of college coaches??? No disrespect to you SoCal...just elaborating.

This is a an excellent exposure tournament for older girls and a great way to test your kids early in the year for the younger ones. Let's face it - this is one of 3 major tournies in Ohio exposure wise. Thanks Lasers for holding it again!

Coach Murph

I have to question the 650 price 7gg but if you play 0 games you only get 300 back?????

To many tourneys advertise low rates, then drop a gate fee on you and do not allow coolers. Easily amounts to another couple hundred dollars per team, and you get a whole lot less play for the buck. We will be sending in an application.

One is 90 minute time limits, and two umpires, The other was an hour 25, also with two umpires. Neither implied that they are showcases, but had they, would that justify raising the price another $150...and for what...the lure of college coaches??? No disrespect to you SoCal...just elaborating.
No problem. I was just checking the particulars. Out here that would be on par with regular friendly prices ($65/gm), very low for a regular tourney ($500/4gg) and extremely low for a showcase ($625/4gg-$850/5gm).

I agree some TD's call their events a showcase just so they can charge more. However, I believe an established showcase is worth $150 more for the older teams. At the end of the day, it's really a question of what the market will bear. They can pretty much charge whatever they want as long as they have more people wanting to enter than spots available (e.g. Boulder $1500/7gg and Fireworks $1595/6gg).

Shayne,

I bet there is a cheaper one you can play in that week that will draw just as many college coaches.

Thought you were in the college ranks now anyway?

2013 entry fee was $650 so they haven't raised it. GAPSS for example was $600 last year with a 5 game guarantee. I will say that we had fences at GAPSS tho. I would say we had a lot more college coaches at GAPSS but we were 16U last year so maybe they were at 18U at Lasers.

Cincy Static 97 North registration and payment mailed out and on its way. Looking forward to another great tournament.