LiquidMetal

Has anyone on this board ever seen or used the Rawlings
LiquidMetal softball bat,and what do you think of it.

My daughter owns a Liquid Metal bat. She really likes it except for when it is cold out. It doesn't seem to work as well in the cold.

Rawlings makes 2 Liquid Metal Plasma bats. The FPLMPM is a multi wall bat. The other is the FPLMP single wall bat. Witch one are we talking about?

I have no idea which one, I have never seen a Rawlings bat of any kind.

This bat has a lime green handle. Silver barrel and good graphics also lime green. I am seeing more and more of these bats. The one person I watched hit with it this weekend went 2 for 4 with one double. Both hits were hard hit balls. This bat seemed to have alot of pop in it. The bat I saw was the double wall bat. The other liquid metal bat is (to me) a more low end bat for youth leagues or smaller players.

The blue LM bat has no pop, dont know about the green one

The blue bat you are refuring to is the FPLM-2004 single wall -11 bat. This is the low end bat I was talking about, only the lime green single wall bat is the 2006 model.

Hey fastpitch27,

I have been surfing the net for a decent bat for my daughter.
At the high end, I see 2006 model bats at $250 to $299 price range. But I also see the new, never used, exact same model bat in the 2004 and 2005 for less than half the price of new model price.

It gets a little confusing. Do you think that's what the market is about or is there a disadvantage in buying the older model?

If we're talking Anderson Rocket 2004to 2005 there is no differance between the bats. The 2005 models are now going for $179. I can't find a 2004 model. A softball web site was saying there was a differance in the two but the Anderson rep I know( Roger) said no differance just the graphics. There is no 2006 rocket tech yet. That bat will be out in June of 06, and it will be all new. Meaning no 3 pins holding the end cap on, and new materials, new handle and graphics. I would buy the older model to save money. The reason for the price reduction is to move inventory. At Anderson if you buy one of there bats from a non rep. it has to have a $209. price tag on it for a year inorder to have a warrenty. If the bat are the same save yourselk some money and buy the older modle. Just make sure that the bats we're talking about are the HIGH END models. I hope I answered your question.

Thanks for the info.

Although you mention the Anderson bats, I believe that you, in general terms, are saying that if the older exact model is available to you at a good price, don't hesitate to buy it.

Thanks again

I was using Anderson as an example. And yes buy the older same model and save some money!