Little Slammers ASA Nationals

The Little Slammers open pool play in the ASA 12-U Nationals in Bloominton, Indiana with a heartbreaking 4-3 loss to the Arizona HotShots. The Slammers took a 3-2 lead into the 7th against one of the top teams on the west coast and got 2 outs, but then the Hot Shots scored 2 runs to escape with the victory.

The Hot Shots took a 2-0 lead in the first on a 2-run triple, but the Slammers battled back on singles by Abby Funk, Shelby Sweigert, a sac bunt by Jenna Lilley and singles by Nicole Spuhler and Abbey Filliez to take a 3-2 lead.

The Hot Shots have played 130 games, have tremendous arms at each position, and the physical and mental maturity made the difference in the end.

The Little Slammers should keep their heads up and keep playing. Make Ohio proud.

the little slammers are amazing
they arent big girls but they sure can kick some butt!
I heard that they beat the Ice?
This true?

as parents of the lil slammers....we do support the rigorous schedule - we want our daughters to learn; and that they are from a good coach! They are having a great time together and learning a great game. It's good to have our daughters succeed.

bom bom's anyone? oh and by the way - it's not soap opera's anymore..it just Oprah.

Tough break at ASA. I saw the almighty pitcher give up some walks, that eventually scored. No mention of that in your e-mail. Good to see that she is only human.

It's nice to hear from a slam parent.

ASA is a different game than the NSA. I hope that they can hold their own. I am sure that the "Train" will have them ready.

You're a class act hvoltage. Way to make a new name and hide behind it while putting kids down.

If you don't like BigTrain.. fine. But, he's proud of his organization and his kids. You need to remember, when you put down the Slammers you're putting down the KIDS, not BigTrain. He obviously couldn't care less what you think. It's pretty simple.. don't want to read Slammer news, then bypass the thread. There maybe others here who want to read how the kids are doing.

How is the walks that scored relivant? The team lost a heartbreaker of a game, regardless of how it happened. Must be fun to put down a 12 year old girl, huh? That pitcher has had a great season so far and seems to have improved 100% in a few short months. Why be critical of her for that?

I don't know BigTrain or any Slammers but, it's nice to see how excited he is about his team/program. I wish more were like that and we got their news too. I would hope if your team had the same type success hvoltage that you'd report it too so others can read about it.

CC

Keep your heads up Slammers, those games will be yours before long!!!!!

If you ignore his posts, sooner or later he will go away, or find another place to call the people who post there mindless wits. Course I'm not sure what that makes him.... :eek:

Sheriff.gif

Let's try and keep this civil...

You certainly post alot and I think it is great you are proud of your team and a proud parent as well, as I am proud of my daughter and my team. What I find amazing is that my pitcher ( Jenna Modic) who carried you through the pony nationals got no credit nor did you even mention her name. You wrote your pitcher threw 6 games which is not true. You talk about the kids and how much you care but, this one got no credit at all. Why is that? She certainly didn't embarass your team. If anything she put your team and coaches on a podium. ?Good Luck at ASA.
Tyler
Coach Valley Extreme 14u Blue

tyler,

your suprised because??? :eek: :eek:

remember.... it's all about the train and his ego

Tyler: And your not going to here any credit for Jenns. Just like you only hear of certain ones on the team. I'm not going to agree with bill on anyone else, But what the little slamers girls as a team, have done this year is amazing, but remember WHAT THE GIRLS HAVE DONE!!!!

You need to realize this team he has now is not the team he started with, and that they still keep beating great teams, Also remember Bill's A Sports Writer for the akron beacon journal, And I'm Not slaming bill or am I praising him, I'm praising what all the girls have done.

And I think all will agree with me when the girls on a team do well it make the coaching staff look pretty good.

Coming from a coach you can only give these girls instruction an guidiance, and its up to them to preform.

so what the little slammers have done, considering all else, not all of these girls have been playing together or have practiced for very long, its great what they have acomplished. All 20 some kids, The ones that are there now, the ones that were there before, and the ones that were picked up to help out when they were asked to.

So this ONES FOR ALL THE GIRLS, and Bill maybe you can start here and name all the girls that have made you what you are now. It takes 9 to 12 players to make a team.

AND TRULLY IT IS WHAT THE GIRLS LEARN, AND NOT JUST THE CHAMIONSHIPS YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its what happens in life that it takes you to.

GO LITTLE SLAMMERS MAKE US ALL PROUD!!!!!!!! INCLUDING NORTH CANTON,OHIO

Tyler,

That's one of the problems when certain players are singled out, especially so young. It is about the team, Lord help us when our 11 year olds start reading their press clippings (and believe what they read?!?). Anyone remember a promising young RB named Maurice Clarett, it happens at ALL ages. What about the girl who gets the bunt down that gets the winning run in or just advances the runner into position to be the anointed " star's " GWRBI, the little contributions along the way make a team win also. Congrats on your daughter's successes at Pony, I was wondering about the girls who did not get any press.

Good luck to all Ohio teams (incl Slammers) this week, give 'em "heck", wherever you are!!!

Well stated Pickledad. ? ;D

Good luck to ALL the teams this week.

Who did that Clarett kid play softball for? Must have missed them on the travel circuit.

Did they pitch?

I believe Clarrett played for the East Boondocks Wombats. I think they went 183 - 0 and only gave up one run for the season and it was unearned.

Although I could be way off base here. ;D (The pitcher hasn't started her wind up yet) ;D

In Tuesday's second day of pool play, the Little Slammers were deadlocked with the Canby Oregon Wild Cats 1-1 in a tight pitchers' battle heading into the 7th inning. ?The Little Slammers committed some errors and lost 6-1 and now head into bracket play. ?Sarah Nist had a triple and Jayla Sabene accounted for Little Slammer's only run with a first-inning sacrifice fly. ?

Good Solid Reporting Bigtrain. Tell the girls to "keep their heads up" ,we're rootin for them!!