Looking for Feedback on a couple tournies

To those that have attended, I am looking for feedback on the following tournies:

1. Toledo Pre-Season Classic
2. Indiana University College Showcase in Indiana, PA

How are the fields, competition, TD's, etc. What did you like & not like (but please don't be overly negative). I am just weighing my options at this point and would like to hear from those that have attended these tournaments in previous years.

Thanks!

Marie

The Toledo Pre-season classic might be the greatest tournament in the history of softball and sports in general. But thats just me :lmao:

Actually, when we were putting together our schedule this year, DD (who is too old for travel ball now) reminded us how great the Pre-season Classic was when she played, so Buckeye Heat '95 is going in 2009. Competition in those days was really good and I've got no reason to think it has dropped off.

Marie,

We have been attending the Classic tournaments for several years and the competition is always very good. Mark does a great job running the tourney(s) as well.

Preseason Classic brings in strong teams from all over. This is just my opinion, I am not a huge fan of the fields at Lucas County Fairgrounds. They are decent, dont get me wrong, but I am more of the Rolf Park and CYO Complex fan.
But for the tournament itself, there is nothing negative to say about it. Good tournament!

www.fastpitchclassic.com is the site.

Hey, LEH
Do you know who is registered for the 10 and 12U's???
We might be coming.
TRB

Preseason Classic brings in strong teams from all over. This is just my opinion, I am not a huge fan of the fields at Lucas County Fairgrounds. They are decent, dont get me wrong, but I am more of the Rolf Park and CYO Complex fan.
But for the tournament itself, there is nothing negative to say about it. Good tournament!

www.fastpitchclassic.com is the site.

Havent heard a peep about whom will be there. No thread on this site (or huddle) and nothing listed on their website. We will be there.

On the IUP tournament, the college field is fantastic. It would be nice if each team could get a chance to play there, which is what all the girls want. But even with 18U, you may not play there until the championship game or not at all. The other fields are are not great, in my opinion. I don't know about the younger age groups, but in the older, it seems to be almost all Western PA teams (the better ones, yes, but still). Last year there was at least one Ohio team in 18U that did well.

One plus is that it is an "open paper roster" tournament for 16U and 18U. So you can pick-up players, or single players can go along with another team for the showcase exposure. Mostly small PA, OH college coaches. If you're looking for showcase exposure, this is nothing like Singrays or Pennsbury. And it's a traditional tournament format, not a showcase format.

I'll let others chime in on the TD.

I love the Pre-Season tournament. It was always a staple on my schedule. The TD is a great guy, and does a fantastic job. The competition is quality, and the ammenities are top-notch. It definately gets my recommendation.

Does anyone have a list of teams entered in the Pre-Season tournament - especially 18&U?

Marie I will see if I can get a list for you. BTW 6:30 am!!!!!! :lmao:

At IUP our fields for 16's last year where garbage. Like Mom said if your not on the main field then you probably aren't on a nice field. Also, no individual skills showcase with this one either. Last year we saw few college coaches there. We did it mainly because it was close in driving distance.