Mark May ESPN

Miller

Reaction score
What is the deal with Mark May,college football analyst on ESPN? Can he hate OSU anymore tan he does? Too biased.

Bink44

Reaction score
Oh come on Miller...don't you realize Mark May is secretly a closet Buckeye Fan...lol :)

Miller

Reaction score
It may have become a part of the show but he has been that way since he joined espn

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
He is so annoying. No matter the topic or the season Ohio State has, he is negative towards them. But yes, it may be part of the show as well because it always seem they debate more than agree.

Lenski65

Reaction score
I think that he realizes the Big Ten is just not as good as many make them out to be. Let's look at the top 3 teams. Michigan State lost to Oregon by about 20, Wisconsin lost to LSU, and tOSU lost to Virginia Tech. There is not one big win by any of these teams. tOSU has the worst loss of these one loss teams.

Strength of schedule:

Ohio State 38
TCU 26
Baylor 17

12-0 Florida State is 33

These numbers would suggest that Baylor or TCU should sneak into the top 4.

Baylor beat TCU head to head, lost to #26 West Virgina, but has the strongest strength of schedule of the bunch.

TCU's only loss is to Baylor and has a better strength of schedule that tOSU.

tOSU destroyed Wisconsin and beat Michigan State but barely beat Penn State (2 OT's), lost to #45 Virginia Tech and has the weakest strength of schedule of the bunch.

Lenski65

Reaction score
That being said, I think the committee will make 2 mistakes. I think they will take tOSU and scrap Baylor and TCU. I think what helps tOSU is the Big 12 commissioner not declaring a champion.

The Dude

Reaction score
It's because (arm)Pitt is irrelevant, and he just can't accept it. Therefore he hates on the biggest program within the same radius. Yeah, West Virgina U, is closer, but they are no tOSU. He holds a lot of hate for Notre Dame, too. Both schools must've shunned him many moons ago, and he just can't let it go. Was a great player, lousy analyst.

Lenski65

Reaction score
That being said, I think the committee will make 2 mistakes. I think they will take tOSU and scrap Baylor and TCU. I think what helps tOSU is the Big 12 commissioner not declaring a champion.

....and there it is........

Westler33

Reaction score
I don't care who played who or strength of schedule all I know is OSU is in. GO BUCKS!!!!!!

Crush 242

Reaction score
Mark May wanted to come to Ohio State but was not recruited by The Buckeyes. He has not gotten over that rejection.

ech92

Reaction score
You are sadly mistaking on your strength of schedule as they showed it on espn and of those 3 teams OSU had the best of those 3 ! What also fuels idiot Mark May is that OSU beat his Pitt team all 4 years he played there including a 70( something) to zero his senior year !!!! Go Bucks !!!

Reaction score
I am a huge Buckeye fan and with that said I think we beat Alabama and lose to Oregon after Oregon thumps Florida State. We win a close one with Bama though.

Lenski65

Reaction score
You are sadly mistaking on your strength of schedule as they showed it on espn and of those 3 teams OSU had the best of those 3 ! What also fuels idiot Mark May is that OSU beat his Pitt team all 4 years he played there including a 70( something) to zero his senior year !!!! Go Bucks !!!

I guess it depends on which SOS one decides to use.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

This is the one I used:
http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Here's what they probably used....not SOS but something they can skew to get the answers they want.....lol
http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

Sagarin Ratings:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

PredictionMachine.com:
http://www.predictionmachine.com/Strength-of-Schedule-Rankings-CFB-Teams

From SBNation.com:
"Ohio State played a tougher schedule, by committee metrics

For all the complaints about the non-conference struggles of the Big Ten early in the year, Ohio State's schedule certainly fares favorably when matched up against the slate of teams Baylor and TCU faced in 2014 (remember that the committee doesn't use advanced stats to determine strength of schedule, instead relying on raw win totals)"

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
I guess all that matters now is

SCOREBOARD BUCKEYES !!!!!

Last edited:

OH Scrappers

Reaction score
It is all part of the show. It is his job to get the fan base of certain teams pissed off. That way when that team wins people tune in to watch his reaction. Lou Holtz is the good cop, Mark May is the bad cop.

Clevelandrocks

Reaction score
Maybe its because the Big 10 is one of the weakest conferences in college football, and I'm betting Alabama beats OSU by 21. A third string quarterback going up against a SEC defense in Alabama. Sounds like blowout potential to me. The bowl committee simply followed the money, OSU from Northeast/Midwest and the tv draw from this area, they will draw more fans than TCU or Baylor. Think about it, you have Alabama in the South East, Oregon in the Northwest, and Alabama towards the South also, they are covering all geographic regions and where they will draw fans.