Hitting and Hitters Discussion Mike Candrea and Sue Enquist hitting method

I have contacted several college coaches for some thoughts on hitting. ?Most suggest getting hitting tapes by Mike Candrea or Sue Enquist.

1. ?Do any of you use their method, and if so do you recommend any particular tapes between the two?

2. ?What are the key components to this method?

I would recommend their latest material, available from RightView Pro.

Candrea and Enquist have changed their philosophy quite a bit over the years. They are now on record as stating that the best softball swing is one that emulates the swings of the most elite hitters in the world- those in Major League baseball.

Before the release of their latest video, their hitting material advocated a linear technique. Their latest takes a more rotational approach. This change in philosophy represents a radical shift and, for the most part, makes their previous material obsolete.

Information on their latest video can be found at this link:

http://www.rightviewpro.com/ip300.php

Bretman

Do you have the RightView Pro video? ? When I looked it up it was $65 dollars. ?Is there more to it than just a regular video?

The distributor for Ohio is Leon Woods from Whitehouse. He can be reached at 419-349-0217.

The software can capture your swing and compare your mechanics side by side, frame by frame, to some of the greatest MLB or Olympic hitters.

Many of the top colleges use this software, UCLA, Arizona and most recently Michigan as Leon helped them set up there system in early January.

Reaction score
The full Right View Software program can be expensive. You can download and app for your IPAD or IPhone called Hudl Technique that allows quick video work. You can then import hitters videos to do side by side comparisons.

Candrea, at the National Coaching School described the hitting mechanics as a Linear move at the top to get your hands on path and then connecting the upper body and lower body for a rotational swing. I have Enquist's old videos but she is similar to what Candrea was teaching at the Coaching School.

Micaela Minner in Akron teaches similar mechanics.

sbfamily

Reaction score
Bustos has some very good hitting tapes. I also have right view pro, but better have a good instructor to use with it. Leon if you are up in his area, is a good instructor. Tim down in Cincinnati. Since I retired to Az 3 years ago I no longer teach. Micaela Miner use to work with Bustos when we had camps, so I know she is good