Mizuno Nighthawk ?

jt2016

Reaction score
Can anyone briefly share their experience using the Mizuno Nighthawk bat?

Thanks in advance !

D1softballmom

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has touched based with you about this bat, and honestly, I'm brand new to this board, but have been around softball forever, So you can take my opinion for what its worth to you.

i have a 17 year old and she was swinging a -9 LXT but when we were in Huntington Beach for Nationals last year tried the -8 Nighthawk and was amazed by it. She loved this bat but we were at the end of season she was doing just fine with what she had so we didn't buy it. Fast forward to the holidays, and on cyber Monday I found the nighthawk for $79 brand new -8 everything she wanted, so we bought it. She's played one tournament with it, D9 Sun Classic in January and led the team in batting average (.500) over 7 games, hitting in the 3,4 or 5 spot). And this is coming off of hitting .425 over the summer against some of the top competition in the country.

She has no desire to return to the LXT. She carries in her bag as a backup, but her go to is the Nighthawk.

Its a solid stick, made well, large sweet spot, comfortable solid grip. Breaks in easily, highly recommended. My suggestion would be to look at Amazon, there are still some size option in the $80-$100 range for the white and gold bat, and for that price, if you don't like it as your go to game bat, it's can always be your cage/machine bat.