Mizuno Power Carbon f21

IRdad09

Reaction score
Hi all,
I purchased my 11yr old DD one of these in early July. Exit velocity was the best and she stated it felt perfect in her hands compared to other high end bats. Sold. Within 2 weeks the 1st one cracked. I waited till after this weekend to make a claim. Mizuno was easy to deal with and I received the replacement yesterday 8/6. Today 8/7 was its first time being used. Guess what it cracked. I was pitching using 12" Rawlings Dream Seam balls from about 30 feet throwing i would guess about 35-40. Nothing serious. Mizuno was very clear I was receiving a 1 time replacement. I will certainly follow up with them in a cool and calm manner before I lose my mind. Any thoughts, suggestions or input would be appreciated.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Man I think if you call them right away and send pictures and explain to theM they may replace it or give u a credit towards another model bat they have. I would guess the replacement was just a bad bat out of the wrapper. Sometimes that happens. Not to often though.

IRdad09

Reaction score
Man I think if you call them right away and send pictures and explain to theM they may replace it or give u a credit towards another model bat they have. I would guess the replacement was just a bad bat out of the wrapper. Sometimes that happens. Not to often though.

I'd be good good with a credit. Their highest end model is titanium. That should be stronger...lol. I did email the guy I've been working with there this evening. I've dealt with the same guy all week as he said there are only 2 Mizuno reps currently working the whole country. Hope he can help. Thanks for the input.

IRdad09

Reaction score
Update.....Mizuno got back to me 1st thing this morning. They are willing to offer a replacement bat again, but in a different weight. My DD's current bat is a -11 the replacement option would be a -10. We will go hit some -10's today to make sure she is comfortable. My concern is this "new" bat would ultimately be 2oz's heavier than the "old" bat the 1st Mizuno was supposed to replace.

bmi11er

Reaction score
That is the same deal that the Mizuno rep worked with us. my daughter broke 2 of the drop 11s within a short period of time before the season even started. The drop 10 lasted the entire season, it has been a great bat. She says it has way more sting than her ghost, but once it has broken in.. out hits it by a pretty good margin.

IRdad09

Reaction score
That is the same deal that the Mizuno rep worked with us. my daughter broke 2 of the drop 11s within a short period of time before the season even started. The drop 10 lasted the entire season, it has been a great bat. She says it has way more sting than her ghost, but once it has broken in.. out hits it by a pretty good margin.

That is great feedback. We went to SPC Sports and hit some. I couldn't see a difference in her swing with the -10. Exit velo and swing speed there were no differences either. The guys at SPC said the -10 should be a little "thicker" and bats that have less weight drop tend to hold up better.