Most Annoying Events Related to Softball (kinda)

Leaving Beavercreek 18's this weekend (which was not annoying because i love that place, besides the rain), I was thinking about several brain-distracting events that over the years, we sometimes take for granted, become annoyed by or simply laugh at...

so here's my Most Annoying Softball list 2010
mind you, I've been a part of, lived some, learned from or started half of these on the list!

1. Getting run ruled in championship play
2. A 16u team losing to a 14 (or a 12 to a 10, or 18 to a 16)
3. Losing to a team wearing shorts
4. Spilling the contents of your cooler when it abruptly hits someone's foot and topples forward
5. Running out of ketchup
6. outfielders who let grounders roll under their gloves
7. egg-yoking your shirt before the games even start
8. USSSA red shirted umpires
9. Single elim tourneys that send you home on Sat night
10. 10 dollar parking fees
11. Cooler trolls
12. When little statman asks the entire fan base to throw or catch with him
13. dropping your hotdog
14. spilling seeds in your statbag
15. spitting a seed and watching it land on your chest, scorebook, or a player's bat bag
16. JJ Huddle
17. no one yelling "heads up" on foul balls
18. no Tim Horton's in the vicinity of your hotel
19. McDonald's coffee, even with 10 sugars and creams
20. hotel ice machines that are in hidden closets
21. high ankle sprains
22. TD's who dont use email or a website
23. Armco fields
24. the down-sloping outfield
25. hotel coffee, even with 20 sugars (and what' with their 1/2 serving stryo-cups?)
26. pitching inside to slappers
27. not finding pickle seeds, then finding the only bag at a local BP, even though you were thinking of boycotting anything with a BP logo
28. Monday grass
29. Jonah Hex trailer
30. my Astros

feel free to add yours!

-wet bleacher seats in the morning from the dew

-too much country music playing on the overhead between games (where's da funk?)

-overflowing garbage cans/nasty chem toilets, chem toilets without hand sanitizer

-having to pay for water because you're not allowed to bring your own in to the ballpark

-people who try to reserve parking spots by putting a child in a folding chair there

(And what's wrong with the Jonah Hex trailer, anyway? lol)

No outside food.
Paying for a wrist band and you look 5 minutes later and they have taken the table down.

To start I am going 'ditto' numbers: 10 & 23

And add...

Fields with no outfield fence

Playing on fields too small or too large for their age

Coaches who don't know the rules and argue the time away

Time limits.

Drop dead time limits (worse than time limits themselves)

Playgrounds within sight but not within 'reach' for the young one...

4 game guaranteed tournaments, rained out after two games, and NO refund for your games you never got to play.

Chatty parents sitting next to you who talk constantly about anything and everything instead of watching the game.

Agreed with you Kat and boom....hence the reason my mother doesnt come to games with me~lmao! Last time she came she actually cheered for the wrong team....hahahahaha. (How embarassing)

I agree with all of these - some waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy more than others! ;&

(working very hard on my chatty-kathy tendencies!)

Can we add something about parents arguing with the umps? If there was anything more futile, I'd like to know what it is.

These are funny! How about people who take food out of other teams coolers when they think no one is looking! Happened to us in Lancaster last year!

These are funny! How about people who take food out of other teams coolers when they think no one is looking! Happened to us in Lancaster last year!

Oh wait! Is that what # 11 a cooler troll is? Just now saw that!

Arriving at a tournament Saturday morning, checking in and finding out the team you were suppose to play at 3 dropped out the night before! :(

- Any gate fees or parking fees !! :mad:
- No coolers allowed
- Mens softball fields with no temp fencing.
- Fields with baseball mounds
- Did I mention Gate fees/Parking fees ?

Having to watch 2 PAC-10 teams play for the championship... AGAIN! VERY ANNOYING!!! :(

Having to watch 2 PAC-10 teams play for the championship... AGAIN! VERY ANNOYING!!! :(

Wait till all the 2012 and 2013 Ohio players get in the Big Ten and the SEC. Then the WCWS champ comes from east of the Mississippi!

Several games into bracket play today, the one hour ten minute time limit was suddenly changed to 50 minutes just in time for our first elimination game (which we did win). The game before ours took 2 hours and several ITB innings so every game after that paid the price except the Championship. There were other fields available that were no longer being used and I will not name the tourney.

Wow I have never seen that. Kinda funny if it wasn't so sad.

-coaches calling the pitches.
-parents calling the pitches....
-parking on the wrong side of the complex and having to lug all of your stuff all the way over to field 17.
-playing in a town where there is NOTHING to do but go to the 1 antique shop and having a 5 hour break between games.
-games that start before 11 am..
-bathrooms with no way to dry your hands, so you dry them on your dirty uniform...
-dewy outfields in the mornings..yuck!
-games that are won by a home run. HATE that. and hate being the pitcher that gives up that homer.... :eek:
-forgetting to bring water
-running into the bathroom and slipping on the concrete in your metal cleats!