Mt Vernon Fastpitch ?

The MtVernon , OH. Rec. league has offered only slow pitch for several yrs . But Im happy to report there is a large contingent of fastpitch rebels that are pushing the issue .

There are many parents and players that want fastpitch NOW !

Theres a ton of girls that play in this league ,..and Ill say one thing ,....they have some of the best defensive players Ive ever seen.

rod03:

Best of luck in your endeavor. ?Several parents tried five years ago to get some movement on this, but the governing infrastructure wouldn't budge. ?So the starting HS varsity last year included 7 girls who played travel ball for five out-of-town organizations; many of those girls started traveling when they were 11 or 12. ?The two very talented young ladies who made the starting line-up despite never playing fast pitch apart from their high school experience would surely have benefitted from, and enjoyed, having some local summer fast pitch opportunities. ?

Mount Vernon has those three great community softball fields and fastpitch should get its share of time on them.

I know of the past assaults on the slow pitch program,..without success.

But this time is different . There is alot of support and talk of a fastpitch program even if the slow pitch clench cannot be broken.

Regardless of there cooperation or not ,...take my word for it ,...fastpitch is coming to MtVernon,...the park is owned by the tax payers and should not be ruled by a handful of board members,...without the input of the community .

We have lived in a virtural fashpitch dead zone for to long. Im tired of driving 40 miles to a fastpitch game.

These girls deserve the excitement and thrill of fastpitch .

we played this year at dixie days and talked to a few people that agreed with you and they said hopefuuly next year there will be fastpitch .fpr one thing they will get more 10u teams from the z-ville area i coached one of the dresden all-star teams and it was big diffferance for the girls trying to hit the slowpitch they told us they had acouple of fastpitch teams up there already and agree they got some outstanding fielders it's time to get back on track with the rest of the teams in the area

It is my understanding ,..that a board meeting is in the very near future to discuss this issue.

I will post the date and location as soon as I hear something. If you are a parent player or just a fastpitch advocate in the Knox county or surrounding area,... get to this meeting and voice your support.

I see this post was well over due ,...Seems that Mt vernon High school is searching for a fastpitch coach.

Like I said they have great defensive players ,..but trying to build a stable of pitchers and catching up to bat speed over nite would be a coachs worst nightmare .

Give these girls what they want ! FASTPITCH NOW !

Hopefully getting a New Varsity Coach will help out.Someone who will take "interest" in promoting fastpitch in our community!! There's always hope.

rod03:

In my humble opinion, catchers and pitchers aren't a problem for Mount Vernon High School, but only because there are several pitchers and catchers who have spent a lot of money traveling (not only for travel tournaments, but ALSO to get mid-week experience that the local rec league normally supplies in other small towns).

The real issue is whether girls who can't spend that kind of money should have some fast-pitch experiences available in town so they can get closer to an equal footing when high school tryouts come. Who knows how many girls could have made the HS team had the local area provided fast-pitch. I'm expecially thinking of the speedsters whose offensive skills aren't fully utilized in the slow pitch game.