MY REVIEW ON AUNT ROSIES 16U SHOWCASE INVITE

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Aunt Rosie's Tournament has been around for years! 31yrs to be exact. This has been on my Bucket list for many years but never took the leap. This year i decided to turn in an application and see if our team could make it in to this Prestigious event. Over 70 applications turned in they chose 28 teams and Cincy Doom 04 Gold was selected to compete.

I will say this HANDS DOWN is a MUST event for your team at 16u! lots of College coaches from good schools came and watched us.
One of our athletes was invited for a quick 1.5hr visit between games Sunday to a D1 program and met up with the coach for the tour. Coach loves her and she loved the school and coach. Got to work out all the financial stuff.

Bathrooms- 5 Star Clean & running water. always paper towels and hand dryer worked. TP was always full.

Concession- 5 Star Great food and reasonable prices. They also offered Aunt Rosie's Loganberry drink in a can and this is a MUST TRY!!

Fields- 4.5 Star Different style, rounded back stops and I actually liked them a lot. You didn't get a lot of foul balls you have to chase down. The ball would bounce off the backstop a lot and hit the umpire, batter, catcher in the head. It gave batters a new life on some foul balls that would be outs elsewhere. Field conditions excellent! Breakaway bases and safety bag at first.

Field Crew- 5 Star HANDS DOWN the BEST field crew this summer! They racked, lined and watered fields before games. They and the TDs was in no hurry to get out of there like most. They wanted these Athletes to experience playing on good natural fields so they took the time to maintain them before each game. I was shocked!

Tournament Directors- 5 Star Kevin, @Davemy and their crew AMAZING! Some of the Best I have played for. Would recommend it for most teams. They showed me they care and its not just about money. I could see their passion. I respect that a lot.

Umpires- 4 Star Tough job but somebody has to do it. Most of the umpires at this event solid guys and gals. We had a few that missed some calls but nothing major.

Competition- 4 Star I would like to see more Top teams play this Event. For the most part all was solid.

Some of the Top teams in the Event- I watched these teams and all played solid.
Cincy Doom
Finesse
River City Venom
LG Lasers
NY Diamond Girls
Indy Edge
Pittsburgh Spirit
All in All 28 solid teams.

Final review- 5 STAR EVENT This is a MUST attend event!! Get it on your Bucket list and go Coaches! you will NOT be disappointed!

Our team finished Top 4 (5-2-1) losing to the Tourney Champs in the Semis. NY Diamond Girls- Cotton probably the Best team we have played this year and that says a lot because we have played some solid events and great competition. They are well coached and a Great hitting ball club.

There's also a TON of stuff to do as a team or with your family on down time too. Great area!

Kevin Drayer

Reaction score
Coach Hill: Thank you so much for your recap of your experience here with us at Aunt Rosie's...We are 31 years proud of our tradition and excellence that we try to put on for every tournament that we conduct..Teams like yours are why we do what we do though-We have a passion for the game and we could certainly see that with you and your team...First class, top to bottom we saw in your team and organization..You played at the highest level the tournament had to offer and had great success..We wish you and your team a terrific rest of the summer and Good luck with your remaining schedule...Thank you for taking the time to provide us the compliments that you did...we would love to have more teams from OHIO and cant wait to see you again next year!!!!! Best Wish's!!