national pro fastpitch suspends games for 2021 season

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This will be the second year the pro haven’t played. It seem like the pro will have more uphill battles to overcome.

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
Is this due to COVID or due to them being cancelled over manufactured outrage after USSSA Pride tweeted Trump because the players all stood for the anthem with hands over their hearts????

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
Is this due to COVID or due to them being cancelled over manufactured outrage after USSSA Pride tweeted Trump because the players all stood for the anthem with hands over their hearts????

That was the owner of the Scrap Yard Dawgs who did that and then the team quit before the end of the game. USSSA Pride was the opponent and stood in solidarity with the Scrap Yard team over the decision to leave the owner behind. Messy messy.

NPF has been hurting since both Scrap Yard and USSSA left. USSSA had been funding a lot of the NPF operations behind the scenes and decided it wasn't worth the $$ anymore.

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
That was the owner of the Scrap Yard Dawgs who did that and then the team quit before the end of the game. USSSA Pride was the opponent and stood in solidarity with the Scrap Yard team over the decision to leave the owner behind. Messy messy.

NPF has been hurting since both Scrap Yard and USSSA left. USSSA had been funding a lot of the NPF operations behind the scenes and decided it wasn't worth the $$ anymore.

You are correct I misremembered which team it was. But I remembered the incident and thinking what an absolute crock it was. Then wasn't there some other start up pro-league last year after that happened? Seems like it was called Athletes in Motion or something like that. Four teams and they were named colors I believe.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
You are correct I misremembered which team it was. But I remembered the incident and thinking what an absolute crock it was. Then wasn't there some other start up pro-league last year after that happened? Seems like it was called Athletes in Motion or something like that. Four teams and they were named colors I believe.

Not sure as when USSSA left the league, my interest in it became nil and void. I do know we were excited at the 2019 National Meeting when USSSA told us why they left the league. The key was the NPF season was during the travel softball season and the NPF left directors in USSSA without one of there biggest promotion tools which is the USSSA Pride team. The NPF season pretty much wiped out any chance of having the team make any appearances during travel season at all. Until Covid reeked havoc on last season, the Pride were scheduled for appearances almost every weekend somewhere in the US. They are also going to continue to help with the All-American Games program and also run the Space Coast World Series in Viera, FL during July 4th week. That is how those young ladies pick up extra funds during the season and also maintain or make contacts for clinics and camps, etc.

jt7663

Reaction score
I guess we will have to get our (Pro) Softball Fix with Athletes Unlimited Games!

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess we will have to get our (Pro) Softball Fix with Athletes Unlimited Games!

i believe the pro’s are beyond repair myself. Once they ditch the Akron Racers and started the Cleveland Comets and basically gave the middle finger to Joey Arietta who founder the team in 1999 I lost all interest in the Pro Girls Softball.

Then after Shit dogs did the tweet thing to USSSA Pride because they wanted to join the in crowd. I decided then I would never watch any of them players on the shit dogs play again.

the online retailer smash it sports now sponsors these players.

Last edited:

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
pretty dumb to go all political. let sports be sports. Politics SUCK PERIOD. Turn it all off. Get off social media, stop watching the fake propaganda news and you wont have to see the crap going on. this is starting to look and feel like Ameri-china.