No practice

ohio monsters nader

Reaction score
Our school just told us as a varsity team we can only practice 3 times a week in our gym..who can I talk to about getting this fixed ?

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Start with the AD, then Principal, then Superintendent/School Board....
That is pretty much the chain of command for a high school - guess there is a lot going on in that's school's gym...

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our school just told us as a varsity team we can only practice 3 times a week in our gym..who can I talk to about getting this fixed ?

I would be surprised if it ain’t Covid related reasons. Lots of schools have restrictions on many things that you would consider normal due to COVID-19. I think you HS softball team is lucky to get any practices.

Blazer

Reaction score
Practicing 3 times a week is hardly "no practice." I think most teams would normally practice 4-5 times a week, so you aren't that far off. But probably best to address it with your AD, and not us jokers on a softball forum.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
fixed? I would bet that there are 3 or 4 sports trying to share gym time during these winter months. Baseball, softball, soccer, depending on when your fall sports were moved maybe to spring? Some football programs are playing now. So, I would ask first before you just take it as a punishment toward the softball team. Tell the softball coach to get some money raised and go rent a field house or local in door batting cage for days that the gym is not open. plus spring is right around the corner. Get outside as much as possible!!! i would also check into the middle school gyms or primary school gyms for use. We have done that in previous years. Good Luck!

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
As DanMaz stated, A lot of this is weather related. Teams cannot go outside and must share space with other spring sports boys baseball, LX, etc..

With that said; honestly 3 days a week is about the average for most HS programs anyway.

Some do 3 weekdays after school and a Saturday or Sunday for specific instruction, Pitching, Catching and Hitting.
At one of the bigger D1 programs I was involved with they did do 5 days a week but 2 days started at 6am before school. (Most do not do this outside of your top programs).
Urban and some small rural schools are lucky to get enough ladies to practice through the week after school so they get 2-3 days of workouts.
The best option is to be a team leader and try to get as many ladies as you can just to hit the cages or get out and toss etc. whenever you can as the weather gets better (as long as you have a HS field) team captains can lead additional times and days.