OCTOBER 13-14 UNIFORM BLOWOUT/COLLEGE SHOWCASE

Tournament Form:

Name of Team: ?__________________________ ? ? Hometown: ?________________________

Division: ________________

Coach Name: ?_________________________

Phone: ? ? home_________________ cell _________________ work ___________________

? A USSSA sanctioned tournament at J.W.Denver Williams Jr. Park, in Wilmington, Ohio on October 13th and 14th. ?We have been getting great response to this event and have had to change the format for the better and twice the amount of uniforms to be given away. ?Awaiting word on National berths.

? The tournament is for 2008 USSSA Sanctioned teams in the 18u, 16u, 14u, 12u, 10u, 8u teams.

Deadline for entry is Tuesday, September 30th, 2007. ?All teams must be paid in advance as one coach said as long as teams weren't paying in advance, he wasn't in. ?Make sense, but just hate to do business that way. ?Especially for a non profit tournament in the first place. ?You are not officially entered until I have the check in hand. ?Send to 1534 W. Meadowbrook Drive, Loveland, Ohio ?45140.

The physical address to the park is: ?1100 Rombach Ave, Wilmington, Ohio 45177.

? The tournament are two (2) one day events and teams must confirm to enter. Rain date is the following weekend.

TEAMS THAT ENTER: ?WITH THE TEAMS THAT DON'T HAVE A HOME SHOWCASE TOURNAMENT, COME MAKE WILMINGTON YOURS FOREVER. ?AS JOINING THE TOURNAMENT, YOU ARE NOW A 1/40 TH COMMITTEE MEMBER. 40 TEAMS GATHERING COLLEGE COACHES IS HARD TO FATHOM. ?THIS IS A GROUND FLOOR OPPORTUNITY TO KNOW THAT YEAR AFTER YEAR, YOU KNOW THE COLLEGE SHOWCASE IS GOING OFF AS 39 OTHER COACHES ARE A PART OF IT. ?MAKE IT YOUR OWN . ?COME RESERVE YOUR SPOT. ?THEY ARE GOING QUICK. ?SEE BELOW AND THE UPDATES. ?TEAMS MUST ENTER VIA E-MAIL SO THERE IS NO QUESTION TO WHO FILLED THE SPOTS FIRST. ?40 COACHES AS TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS. ?IT WOULD HAVE TO BECOME ONE THE BEST IN THE MIDWEST.

I am so sorry to the teams, I forgot to put in my phone number. ?It is 513-575-3330 ?or ohioquakerman@yahoo.com ?Again, I am so sorry.

I have contactd over 150 colleges in seven states and am awaiting word from them over this Labor Day Weekend e-mails I sent to them. ?Fill it and they will come.

FOUR (4) TEAMS ONLY PER DIVISION PER DAY. ?ENTRY FEE IS $300.00. ?Must have check in hand before you are officially entered. ?Send to 1534 W. Meadowbrook Drive, Loveland, Ohio ?45140.

Go to www.clintoncountyohio.com for state campgrounds info (4 miles away) and www.wilmingtoninn.com for a motel across the street from Park. ?Bob Evans will be opening early at 5am for the 7:45 am teams. ?Amerihost Inn has openings and contact ?amerihostinnwilmington@yahoo.com for personalized service. ?They are located three blocks from the Park.

1st Place for every division: ? ?Team Trophy, $600 gift certificate for uniforms, National berths (awaiting)

? Saturday, October 13th, 2008 Tournament

18 AND UNDER CANCELLED - NOBODY TO PLAY ILLINOIS AND INDIANA TEAMS.

16 AND UNDER

1. ?Buckeye Heat ?(paid) ?Troy, Ohio ?
2. ?Cincy Storm 16u Black (in) (Rather play Sunday) Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Indiana Nitro ?(paid) ? Columbus, Indiana
4. ?

14 AND UNDER

1. ?Central Ohio Stingrays 13u (paid) ? ? Central Ohio, Ohio

2. ?Phoenix ?(paid) ? ? Lancaster, Ohio ?
3. Diamond Dominators ?(paid) Dayton, Ohio
4. ?Sudden Death ? (paid) Middletown, Ohio

?

12 AND UNDER

1. ?OFC Heat Blast 12u ?(paid) ? Cincinnati, Ohio

2. Sudden Death (paid) ? Middletown, Ohio

3. ?Cincy Doom '96 (paid) Cincinnati, Ohio

?

10 AND UNDER ?(Moved to Sunday)

8 AND UNDER ? ?(Cancelled)

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14TH TOURNAMENT

18 AND UNDER

16 AND UNDER

2. ?

14 AND UNDER

1. ?
2.Southern ?Fury (in) ? ? Franklin, Ohio
3. ?Buckeye Heat 93 ?(paid) Worthington, Ohio ? ?
4.Miami Valley X-press (paid)

12 AND UNDER

1.Central Ohio Stingrays (paid) ? ?Central Ohio, Ohio
2. ?Heart of Ohio 12u (in) ?Marysville, OHio

10 AND UNDER

1. ?Ohio Wave ?Greenville, Ohio
2. ?Cincy Doom (paid) Cincinnati, Ohio
3. ?Chillicothe Chill ? ?Chillicothe, Ohio

8 AND UNDER

? ?

I am looking for coaches and teams that want to use the facilities at Wilmington to conduct their own College Showcase tournament. A total of 40 spots are open (look at format) and those spots are lifetime spots and when the team moves up a division, then their spot moves with them forever and then either passed down to another team in their organization or to a new 10 and under team. Those details for what is right can be left up to the 40 coach committee. Can you imagine a tournament ran by 40 coaches and the amount of college coaches door that will be knocked on from different states. This is a ground floor opportunity to make it happen every year and not be a team waiting to see if the college showcase tournament is going to go off as scheduled. Then it doesn't and the girls are left with nothing.

Come make this tournament the Best in the Midwest. Come make the tournament your own. Come make Wilmington your Fall home, a great tournament, with great administrators (coaches) and hopefully some great college coach's attendence at the event.

But, as always, this is a non profit event and it's for the girls/young ladies. No exceptions.

so this is a one day tournament? ?can you choose the day you want to play?

Two one (1) day events. ?Chillicothe has no diamonds that weekend because of soccer, that running around kicking balls game....lol.... ?Tournament will stay in Wilmington this year. ?Next year, Chillicothe bound. That Chamber and tourist bureau really want this tournament there. That is always good for the girls and parents. Teams: Jump on in and start this tournament upwards towards being a great tournament year after year. It's up to you. I'm just trying to get it up and running. It ain't making me any money...lol....(See non-profit tournament status) Just want to have fun and give the girls a chance to be looked at.

quakerman,
Getting my girls rounded up and sanctioned. I will be in touch with you for Sunday, Oct. 14th

Brian Douglass
11U Stingrays

Thanks. Had your 18 u looking yesterday too. Told them Massilion was too far to drive for them...lol..... The Aurora, Illinois team is looking as well. Just trying to make it happen for the girls.

quakerman,
? ? count me in. ?just trying to get all the sanctioning. ?I know that no money means no spot. ?11U Stingrays will be there on Sunday the 14th as soon as I get all finances in order. ?

Thanks,
Brian

I'm trying to find a contact phone number for information but I cannot find one. ?Sudden Death is intrested in bringing both the 12U and 14U for Saturday October 13th. Could you please give me a call at 513-217-7304 or pm me with your number.

Thank you,
Chris Cain
Sudden Death Softball

Here is Tim's number from another thread.

Please contact Tim Cleaver at 513-575-3330 for more info or e-mail me at : ohioquakerman@yahoo.com.

Selfishly, we only need one more 14U team on Sunday to make up the age group, so someone hop into that spot and let's play ball.

I called that number and I think it might be the wrong number. The answering machine said a couple different names but Tim or Cleavers wasn't one of them. [smiley=huh.gif] I left a message but haven't gotten a return call yet. If anyone has another number let me know.

Thanks
Chris

It is the right number Chris. Was at tournament all weekend. Just so everyone knows, the recording device, unknown to me, has my wife's voice (Joyce) and she introduced the three dogs, Buddy, Sandy and Shepperd..... and left me out. Ain't that a heck of a note....lol..... Chris, I will contacting you this evening . Thanks.....

I have moved the deadline up for the teams until September 30th. ?You must send a check to me at 1534 W. Meadowbrook Drive, Loveland, Ohio ?45140 before I can officially enter you into the tournament. ?Your e-mail entry is good for seven days, enough time for the check to get here.

After the deadline date of September 30th, teams can opt to take on a second spot (any day it is open).

Got a message from a PA team today and a couple of inquiriies. PA team is 16u and would fill it and I am about to hear frm 18u team as well to fill. 12 u needs some help and 10u needs two for saturday. If sunday teams are not full, then probally the ILlinois, Indiana and Pa team will probally stay around to play a double header on Sunday. Just waiting to see if Sunday is a go in some divisions. If it is full in any division, it'll be played of course.

Tim

A West Liberty 14u team today and trying to secure the teams from way out of town ?a full campgound and have..... so they can keep their costs down for coming here. ?As for Storm 16u, the deadline is Septmeber 30th, a full two weeks before the tournament. ?So, the teams out there trying to commit have another full weekend to talk with their parents.... this is what I seem to read in the e-mails so far. ?As for making 16 a two day tournament, it is hard to do for some teams having Fall ball commitments so when the date comes up, then we can go from there. ?Seems like the interest is from far away teams that have nowhere to play as well. ?Hang in there Central Ohio Stingray 12u..... there's about six teams looking at the three spots left.

For all the coaches in the tournament already, there will be a meeting in Chillicothe on October 17th at 5pm to which I will be attending as well as others... to put forth the plan for the 2008 Uniform Blowout/College Showcase ?to the Recreation Department. ?I was there the other day and the fields are 2 circles of four diamonds and two off to the side. ? Had one coach suggest Waverly, Ohio as well and am making arrangments to go look at their diamonds as well before this meeting in Chillicothe.

The first year is never easy to draw the teams to commit as the ones who have has..... to make it their own.

Of course, any coach entered into this year's event is welcome to attend the meeting to speak on behalf of the tournament, as it is their own. ?I see Chillicothe needing temp fencing on the fields ?(more home runs...) I like home runs.? ?Lissa Cleary is the representative of the tourism board that ?is helping the tournament secure sponcers for the hitting and defensive clinics for each day, motel rooms blocks, etc... She can be reached at ?tourism4u@aol.com... ?Softball wise individual ....

As for the other out of town teams, let me know if you want to stay in the campgrounds. ?Motorhomes are welcomed, just no hook-ups ?Huge Quaker campground about four miles from Wilmington. ?The cabins so far are spoken for but the lodge can hold a lot as well and of course the other 50 plus acres. ?Lake Cowan is on the backside of the property and allows no larger that 9.9 horsepower engines. ?Great fishing as well. ?Right now, the Aurora, Illinois, Sidman Pa ?and Ft Wayne has first on cabins. ?

Let me know teams. ?Deadline for entry is September 30th and then we go from there on the morning of October 1st. ?Got to able to plan this type of tournament two weeks out. ?Back to the e-mails to college coaches. ?Have heard back from some that watch the website and this tournament thread.

I see you have the Sudden Death 14U for the 13th but not the 12U. Please add the 12U also. Both teams will be coming. The check will be sent out by this weekend.

Thank you,
Chris Cain
Sudden Death Softball

We are hanging in there till the end!!
I know there are teams out there that want to play.
Come sign up.

GO STINGRAYS!!