Ohio SlamForce

jkoons13

Reaction score
Ohio SlamForce Organizational Tryouts scheduled for August 3rd and 4th

Ohio SlamForce 10u Tryout August 4th, 9-11 am, pitchers and catchers to work out at the end of the tryout.

Additional 10U only tryout August 8th, 6-8, at Waterworth Park in Salem- 700 Sunset Boulevard, Salem, OH 44460.

Ohio SlamForce is a competitive organization with a focus on athlete development, receiving high level training at the Professional Baseball Academy in Alliance.

I have coached and played both at the travel and rec levels, also played one year at Mount Union and one year at Lakeland Community College. I currently hold the single season ERA record at Lakeland. I still play in a few tournaments with the 18+ Willoughby Starzz.

This is a new 10U team, we are looking at both ‘09 and ‘10 birth years. As a coach, I expect that my girls will practice and play to win, but when the outcome isn’t what we anticipated, Ohio SlamForce will leave an impression with their opponents of sportsmanship, dedication, and team camaraderie. I believe that fundamental development and team development is of the utmost importance, winning is a byproduct of those two things.

We are seeking athletes with a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and strong work ethic. We are not necessarily looking for polished softball players, more so girls with athleticism who are committed to this beautiful game.

Tentative season plans are to begin training in late October, play in a winter tournament and early spring tournament, and then play in six summer tournaments May/June/July.

Professional hitting instruction from Jenna Lilley, graduate of Hoover and won four straight state championships there, college career at Oregon, where she was All-PAC 12 and All-American, member of team USA, currently plays for the Chicago Bandits.

Professional fielding instruction from Bob Hoiles, who has instructed numerous D1 athletes over his twenty year career, including providing the fielding coaching to the 18U Beverly Bandits DeMarini team, who won the USA ASA 18-Gold National Championship.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions, email jennifer.koons@me.com or text 330-206-7230