TRYOUTS Ohio Thunder 06 Black - Russ Smith

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After not coaching this year, I am excited & happy to announce I will be taking over our Ohio Thunder 06 Black team for the 2019/20 season!!! Dan Kepple has spent the last 2 years building an awesome squad & I look forward to taking them into the 14U division and beyond! I have coached at every division from 8U to 18+ in this game and know what is expected at each level.

We will be returning a very strong core group and looking to add a few key pieces to finalize the roster. If you would like to discuss our plans, or have a DD that may be interest, please contact me at 513-623-9187 to discuss. We will be participating in the organization's tryouts on August 1st and 3rd in Mason. But I am more than happy to give a private tryout, or come take a look at your DD if she is still playing.

Russ Smith
Ohio Thunder President & Co-founder

Last edited:

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We will be having an Open Workout on Thursday, July 25th at 6:00pm at Heritage Oak Park, 4601 US 42, Mason Ohio 45040. We will be on field #2! Just this month, this team is coming off a GAPSS Tournament Championship & A Runner-Up finish at USA Eastern Nationals! Already qualifying for USA Nationals for next year!

This is a strong team just looking to add a few missing pieces. This is a chance to come out and workout with the team and see how the fit works. I am taking over this team after much success with various Thunder teams over the last decade. We are looking to play the best & Be the Best!

We will be participating in our organization's tryouts on August 1st & 3rd. But this is a chance to make an early impression to secure one of the open slots the team has.

Please Pre-register online at our website https://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=ohiothunder

Please feel free to call/text or email me to discuss the team and our direction.

Russ Smith

513-623-9187

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohio Thunder 06 Black is less than 4 days away from Tryout #1. It will be Thursday, 8/1 & the second will be on Saturday, 8/3. For additional information & to Pre-register please go to Ohio Thunder website
https://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=ohiothunder

We are looking for hard working young ladies to add to our core roster! Def looking for another Pitcher, Solid IF, Quick OF. We love Speed, Power, & Slappers!!! We have a versatile team and want to continue with that approach!

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are just 48 hours away from the first of 2 Tryouts for Thunder 06 Black's team! this is shaping up to be one of the Best 13U teams in the State & Region!!! We have 3 Non Parent Coaches leading the way! Don't miss out on your opportunity! We will be evaluating talent on Thursday evening & then again on Saturday afternoon. We hope to have our team finalized within 48 hours of that 2nd Evaluation!

If you want your DD to be part of a top level team without the drama & the experience to know what is needed - Look no further!
Make sure you get pre-registered on our website prior to Thursday! Feel free to call to discuss our plans, schedule, fees, etc.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First Tryout is less than 24 hours away!!!!
If you want to be part of this squad - Now is the time!
Get registered and Don't miss out!!!

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, awesome turnout tonight!!! Over 30 06 girls working hard to gain a spot!
Even through the rain, they worked hard & it was exciting to see!
We have our final team tryout on Saturday, 8/3 at Noon! Arrive at 11:15 with water & ready to show us what you got for the remaining spots!!!
Thanks to all who came out tonight!

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is last Public Tryout for a chance to be part of this Top Level Team!!!