Ohio Thunder -12U - Team Info

jimhamrick

Reaction score
Looking for a change?

Please join is for one of our final tryouts, at Landen-Deerfield Park. We are looking to finalize our roster over the weekend and are specifically targeting a pitcher and athletes who can play multiple positions.

We focus on teaching and development of players with access to some of the best instructors in the Tri-state area should your daughter be interested in a higher level of instruction.

Landen Deerfield Park

2258 US 22 Maineville

Weds – 6-8 – pitchers and catchers stay later

Sat – 11-2 – pitchers and catchers stay later

I am the Head Coach Jim Hamrick, a non-parent who is coming back to the 12U level after taking the current 18U, ’01, Thunder team through the organization from 13u-18u. Over the last few years, we have had 16 players commit to play softball in college. I have been through the recruiting and commitment process and can help your daughter navigate the system.

Assistant Coach, Scott Reed has coached for over 15 years at various levels. Scott brings and intensity to his coaching that will challenge and draw out the best in your daughter. He has helped over 20 players reach their goal of being a collegiate athlete over the years. His oldest daughter played at Walsh University.

In addition, we will be supported by several current college players who have a desire to give back to the game they love when back from school on breaks and in the Summer. This interaction is special as the players get to interact and learn from players that are where they want to be in 6 years.

When considering a new team, please do your homework and put your daughter in an environment that will help her develop and meet her goals.

I’d love to hear from you.

Jim Hamrick

513-320-6857

jimhamrick@hotmail.com

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    384.1 KB · Views: 1

Coach V

Reaction score
Don’t miss your chance to join a great organization.
To Register -
https://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=ohiothunder
Please click on the link in the upper right corner of the Welcome page on our Ohio Thunder website to Register for our Tryouts!!!

Dates, Times, & Locations -

-- Wednesday, August 5th - 6:00 - 8:30PM
Fields #2,3,4,6,7
Please arrive by 5:30PM to make sure you are warmed up and ready!

-- Saturday, August 8th - 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Fields #5-7
Please arrive by 10:30AM!

All Tryouts will take place at -
Landen-Deerfield Park
2258 W St. Rt. 22/3, Maineville, Ohio 45039

Jill Mueller

Reaction score
Jim coached our daughter for several years early in her softball days. She learned so much from him and got an excellent start to a very successful softball career!! She played Varsity at Lebanon High School and is now headed to play softball at Miami University in Oxford. The road to her success started with Jim Hamrick! ❤️❤️❤️

jimhamrick

Reaction score
If you can't make it tonight, please contact me at 513-320-6857 to arrange another workout.

sydney bledsoe

Reaction score
Jim is an awesome coach! He coached me for the majority of my travel ball career (14u-18u). He knows his stuff and great to play for!

Chris Veidt

Reaction score
Coach Hamrick covers all the bases. Knowledge of the game, communication, organization and finances. My daughter had the pleasure of playing for him for the majority of her softball career. She is now off to College with a Softball scholarship in hand. Jim’s guidance played a large role in her success. You can not go wrong with Coach Jim Hamrick or the Ohio Thunder organization.

etittle

Reaction score
We would highly recommend playing for Jim. If your daughter loves the game and wants to learn the game, Jim is your coach. Jim is a dedicated coach and will teach your daughter the game inside and out. We drove from Columbus to Lebanon to play for Jim.

acm33

Reaction score
Jim coached my daughter from 13u-18u. She received 5 offers to play ball in college in NJ, SC, WV & 2 schools in OH so he was choosing tournaments to place us in where we had visibility to a good range of college coaches from D1 all the way to NAIA, depending on what the players goals were. Jim has a good sense of humor & was fun to play for. He also doesn't scream at the players- that was super important to me. Jim also understood the importance of academics. Our team was full of very brainy girls! I believe our collective GPA for the team was 3.7? My daughters GPA was 4.25 & she wasn’t even the highest- we had someone with a 4.7! Regardless, he did not penalize girls when they let him know ahead of time if they had an academic conflict. He will stand up for your daughter too, which I appreciate. He worked hard to encourage team building to make all players feel included & generate a good relationship between players.

jimhamrick

Reaction score
We are still looking for the right fit for another pitcher.
If you are still looking for the best fit for your daughter in an environment that she will learn and grow while surrounded by great teammates, please reach out to me.
We are working out a few players on Friday - contact me for details.
jimhamrick@hotmail.com
513-320-6857

Diamond Dave

Reaction score
Looking for a change?

Please join is for one of our final tryouts, at Landen-Deerfield Park. We are looking to finalize our roster over the weekend and are specifically targeting a pitcher and athletes who can play multiple positions.

We focus on teaching and development of players with access to some of the best instructors in the Tri-state area should your daughter be interested in a higher level of instruction.

Landen Deerfield Park

2258 US 22 Maineville

Weds – 6-8 – pitchers and catchers stay later

Sat – 11-2 – pitchers and catchers stay later

I am the Head Coach Jim Hamrick, a non-parent who is coming back to the 12U level after taking the current 18U, ’01, Thunder team through the organization from 13u-18u. Over the last few years, we have had 16 players commit to play softball in college. I have been through the recruiting and commitment process and can help your daughter navigate the system.

Assistant Coach, Scott Reed has coached for over 15 years at various levels. Scott brings and intensity to his coaching that will challenge and draw out the best in your daughter. He has helped over 20 players reach their goal of being a collegiate athlete over the years. His oldest daughter played at Walsh University.

In addition, we will be supported by several current college players who have a desire to give back to the game they love when back from school on breaks and in the Summer. This interaction is special as the players get to interact and learn from players that are where they want to be in 6 years.

When considering a new team, please do your homework and put your daughter in an environment that will help her develop and meet her goals.

I’d love to hear from you.

Jim Hamrick

513-320-6857

jimhamrick@hotmail.com

Jim did a tremendous job coaching my daughter the game of softball which ultimately led to her playing in college but more importantly taught her life lessons that have helped her in all aspects of her life. Jim is very fair and develops the girls skills constantly. He does a great job communicating to the families and the girls. He also gets them in the right tournaments to have success.