Ohio's Best Catching Instructor accepting new students

Reaction score
Is your daughter as good as she can be???
If not, then I can help.

It's that simple.

If she isn't playing 100% up to the level that she can play, then let me help. And...I have news for you parents....and you already know this....they won't listen to you. It's nothing personal....kids simply don't takes lessons from their parents very well.

That is where I come in.

Who am I?

Chris Zaker
Co-Owner of Field of Dreams Indoor Practice Facility and 7 + years experience coaching softball.
Disregard the playing experience, because it's so old that you could say it's irrelevant.'

Here is the fact...there are quite a few catching instructors around Central Ohio, and I'm sure they are all very good. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. It doesn't matter to me if your daughter is 8 or 18, there is something we can work on.
What do I teach? Everything you ever wanted to know about catching, but were afraid to ask. Actually I teach (big inhale........)

"Proper stance without runner, proper stance with runner, receiving the ball, framing pitches, balance, accurate footwork (WE WILL SPEND A LOT OF TIME ON FOOTWORK!!!), glove positioning and angles, body angles, leg & feet positioning, movement tempo, timing, blocking dirt balls, throw downs to all bases with RH batter, throw downs to all bases with LH batter, throw downs to all bases from the knees, doing all of those throw downs with inside pitches, with outside pitches, handling pitch-outs (keeping the body on the correct side of the ball), dealing with batters who leave the batter's box on plays, dealing with runners who take aggressive lead offs, good runner management, receiving the ball at the plate, plate blocking (safely), dealing with extra runners after getting the out at the plate, passed ball retrieval, handling of bunts (several different ways), handling of bunts with runners on base, pop flies, pop flies off a bunt, communication with the pitcher, proper signaling, keeping signals safe, the mental side of catching, keeping the catcher safe and everything else about catching that I have not already mentioned. I teach ALL OF THIS!" YEAH....there is that much to learn about catching.

Are you currently working on all of this with your instructor right now?
If not, then WHY NOT???

No disrespect to other instructors...again I'm sure they are good.
Many of my students and their parents consider me to be the best catching instructor in Ohio. Big statement? Yes it is.

Come see why.
If you take one lesson from me, and you don't learn a lot and you don't get much better starting with that very first lesson then I am willing to do something that no other instructor is willing to do...I will refund your money, no questions asked and we can part ways as friends.
I am that confident that I can and I WILL help your daughter get better at this position.

I have time for a few new students to be added to the stable before the winter lesson frenzy begins. Once December gets here, I will probably be pretty full.

Lessons available just about any day except Sunday right now.
Mon-Thurs 5:30-9:30 PM
Friday 4:00-8:00 PM
Sat 8:00-6:00 PM

Sunday lesson times will be available starting this November

Chris Zaker
740-503-7563

Field of Dreams

Reaction score
731 Slocum St., Lancaster Oh.
It is an 8,000 square foot facility with two sides that are 40'x100' each. One side is dedicated to offense and the other is for defensive work.
When doing catching lessons, I usually try to schedule them at times when nothing else is going on in the defensive side, allowing us to work on a lot of different things. Most of the training we do only takes up an area about 10x15, but when we are working on throw downs to 2B, it is really helpful that we have enough length inside the space to allow the catchers to make a complete throw to 2B (84' 10 1/4"), EXACTLY!
If you have any other questions, please call or text 740-503-7563. ~ Chris