Only a team, not a home

kc0602

Reaction score
Seems once 14U comes around, it's every man for themselves. Just like life, I know. I was naïve to think our goal should be a home, not just a team. We are stuck in the 'tweener' age. As a parent I wish we would have dug deeper and researched more a few years back, as I know in my heart our current organization would be the one. I suggest if starting 8-10u and your daughter has the heart to play the game, find the fit now to grow with the team. If you are strong enough to hop year to year that's great too. I am finding I do not make a good hopper as a parent. As a December 03' we get caught each year on the 1 year and done. Very frustrating to say the least. Each year we meet some great girls and wonderful families. I guess that in itself makes that year successful.

Any 03' reputable organizations who are interested in coaching a girl who is coachable, respectful, has the heart and love of the game, has a strong bat, strong arm, for last 3 years has played 3rd and short and as of late occasional OF, does have interest in playing college ball.... please advise. Her competitive drive carries over into her academics, being a straight A student for last couple years all while being a multi sport athlete.

Not interested in these teams who bring in subs or even new players later in year who pay a fraction of the cost and replace full time dedicated and full cost paying girls when the skill level is still minimal at best. Again, maybe it just doesn't exist.

Kelly McCord

Reaction score
Feel free to contact me. I and my assistant coach both agree with everything you are saying. We are taking over Freedom Elite 16u for the next summer season. We together have competitive travel, high school and college softball experience and know about the recruiting process. We are from the southwest Ohio Greater Cincinnati area if that works for you. Here is some more information on our plans for the team and a little bit more about us. Please feel free to contact me.