Opinions on new bats for 10u

Reaction score
We’re looking for a new bat for my 10u travel daughter. She currently has Louisville slugger LXT but it’s going bad. So not sure what bat to get next. What’s everyone’s opinion. Looking at the CFX insane end loaded. 32 inch drop 10. Thoughts please ??????

Xrayaries

Reaction score
You should worry more about the proper technique and eye contact then you should be with a bat. There is about 1-2% of girls capable of getting maximum velocity at the 12u from a composite bat. It might be .01% at 10u. My DD used Alloy bats until 14u and hit the ball harder than anyone on the team. She still uses a heavy alloy bat for all tee work. If you're
spending 200-400 on a bat for a 10u player you may as well be tossing it out of the window. IMO...

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should worry more about the proper technique and eye contact then you should be with a bat. There is about 1-2% of girls capable of getting maximum velocity at the 12u from a composite bat. It might be .01% at 10u. My DD used Alloy bats until 14u and hit the ball harder than anyone on the team. She still uses a heavy alloy bat for all tee work. If you're
spending 200-400 on a bat for a 10u player you may as well be tossing it out of the window. IMO...

Why do people feel the need to give their unwanted opinions??????????
This poster is asking for people's recommendations and thoughts on the bats - not your opinion on how they are to raise their children!!!!!!

If the guy wants to buy the best bat or glove, or any other piece of equipment for his kid - that is up to him!
If someone wants to pay $1000 for an iPhone for their 10 year old - that is up to them!
If they want to buy a bicycle that costs 5X what you would pay for your child - it is up to them! Damn.........

Xrayaries

Reaction score
Why do people feel the need to give their unwanted opinions??????????
This poster is asking for people's recommendations and thoughts on the bats - not your opinion on how they are to raise their children!!!!!!

If the guy wants to buy the best bat or glove, or any other piece of equipment for his kid - that is up to him!
If someone wants to pay $1000 for an iPhone for their 10 year old - that is up to them!
If they want to buy a bicycle that costs 5X what you would pay for your child - it is up to them! Damn.........

I am a 100% positive that the majority of parents are mislead by ads and coaches that don't know better. If you had a booger stuck to your face I could ignore it or I could tell you so you don't walk around all day with people laughing at you. I would hope you take my advice to remove the booger. I am hoping this person invests the money in lessons rather than a bat.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a 100% positive that the majority of parents are mislead by ads and coaches that don't know better. If you had a booger stuck to your face I could ignore it or I could tell you so you don't walk around all day with people laughing at you. I would hope you take my advice to remove the booger. I am hoping this person invests the money in lessons rather than a bat.

I'd prefer you would just reach up & pull the booger off my face for me!

The OP must have posted a lot more in his post on your computer, than what is showing up on mine.............
What leads you to believe this guy isn't getting his kid lessons?
I have eleven 10U girls on my team - Along with team practices, I have 11 girls who get additional hitting lessons, 3 girls who get private pitching lessons, 2 girls who see a Catching instructor weekly, several who do Speed & Agility........not sure why anyone would ASSUME anything....

If I'm investing money into making my kid the best - I want to make sure she has the best equipment I can afford for her too!

Long Baller

Reaction score
This thread is deteriorating quickly.....

Here is my (maybe unwarranted?) opinion. After having "been there, done that" numerous times, the best bat for your DD is the one that feels most comfortable to her when she swings it. It's all personal preference. My DD has demo'ed the same size and weight from different manufactures back to back, and would say one felt great, and another "felt like crap". She likes the balanced Demarini's, didn't like Easton's, was "eh" on the Lousville XLT, and did not like the Xeno or end loaded Demarini. But that's just her....

My point is, all of the high end bats are pretty much the same. It's all in what she swings the best and has confidence in. Don't get caught up in all the hype over the latest flavor of the day. I would say that if she likes her current Louisville, then look there first. If she's indifferent, try out all the bats that she can. Going from Brand A to Brand B isn't going to make a good hitter into a great hitter. Especially at 10U...

Reaction score
Thanks longballer for the legit comment. Lol. She does hitting lessons and plays for 2 teams. Just was curious what others thought were good or bad. I’m not big into it being the bat rather than the swing and mechanics. She played today and swung a few different ones. She said demarini had to much sting, so guess that’s out. The summer tournaments are here and wanted to get a good one and hit the ground running with a nice new bat. Not sure about endloaded or not ??? I hear others talk about the ghost but also heard they have a lot of problems with them. Sucks cuz the they aren’t cheap so buying a bat that she might not like would suck. Oh well. Thanks again

hammerhead20

Reaction score
My daughter went to a demo. Swung several bats. Ended up loving the Rawlings Quatro. Very little vibration in the hands.

Long Baller

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, if my daughter went bat shopping tomorrow, I would definitely make her go swing a Ghost. There is a lot of hype about that bat, and they sound so sweeeeeet when someone really gets ahold of one. However, my daughter's hitting coach said that she has seen a lot of breakage with them, so reliability may be an issue. At the end of the day, I would buy her the bat that she says gives her the best barrel control and confidence.

End loaded bats are marketed as having "more pop", and theoretically they may have (ever so slightly) with all other variables being the same. But again it is all about how the feel of the barrel, moving through the zone, is transmitted back to the hitter.

Next time your daughter hits a one hopper to the fence, try to resist the thought of "that ball would have been out of here if she was swinging a ______ instead" . :D

hammerhead20

Reaction score
The only drawback on the Ghost is it is not USSSA Certified. Supposedly they are coming out with one that is in June, but it will just have the USSSA on it. If you play in both USSSA and ASA you would need two separate bats just for a damn certification sticker.

Reaction score
I did hear that the ghost is having some problems and that it’s not USSSA. I didn’t know they are coming out in June with one. Good to know.
Dicks use to allow people to test the bats out while in the store. You could hit off a Tee before you purchased a bat however they stopped that now.

grabber711

Reaction score
I think it's SPC Sports in Mentor or the one By Leffews in North Ridgeville, they let you try bats out in a cage off a tee. My daughter spent about an hour hitting different ones until she found one that felt the best for her.

daboss

Reaction score
I'm not going to endorse a bat for use. that should be your choice. I will share my knowledge on what to look for and if it helps you make a decision I'm happy for you and your daughter. No other intent, just my opinions.

Many companies make very good equipment for young ladies, even as young as 8-10 years old. They can make a bat light enough that young girls can hold and swing it properly while putting some "zest" or "pop" in a bat for some real time results. Not going to be 200' over-the-fence homeruns but enough to make mom and dad come out of of an unsteady collapsible chair. Look for a weight that the girls can hold in the proper position and swing with ease so they can develop a clean swing. Back in the day the bats were too heavy and forced girls to prop them up like they were carrying a flag. All the beginning stages of bad habits to fix later. A lighter bat may mean a shorter bat for a beginning player but the new equipment can still produce plenty of fireworks.

Find the right weight, accept the length for now, then work on a swing that'll produce the results you want.

#13mom

Reaction score
My 11 year old HAD to get a new bat, Her old aluminum hand me down was no longer legal. I had her borrow/test the bats of her team mates. We narrowed it down to 2 that she felt comfortable with, I verified that it fit her properly based on her size, and then I bought the one I got the best deal on. Easton Stealth Flex