Outlaws Summer Invitational was a HUGE success!

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
This year's Outlaws Summer Invitational was a huge success. With 150 of the best teams from across the country attending and 100 college coaches, we exceeded our expectations this past weekend up in Northern Ohio.

Here are the results:

12U
1st Place: Ohio Outlaws - Johnson
2nd Place: Indiana Dreams

14U
1st Place: MC Madness
2nd Place: NY Diamond Girls

14U Power Pool
1st Place: PA Strikers
2nd Place: Ohio Outlaws - Schmeiser

16U
1st Place: Team Ohio White
2nd Place: Summit City Thunder

16U Power Pool
1st Place: Beverly Bandits - Dorsey
2nd Place: Ohio Outlaws - Karcher

18U Power Pool
1st Place: Ohio Outlaws DeMarini - Morrison
2nd Place: Ohio Outlaws - Yun

Complete link to scores :
https://admin.tourneymachine.com/Pu...IDTournament=h20170816135711538a7717b2346cc45

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Warren ,See your going to the super pool @better fields centralized format as Scenic City has done for awhile.Maybe we can get some feedback from teams ,parents about coach's making out to the non Super Pool locations.

MaddKennaMax

Reaction score
We were in the non super pool 16U and we had quite a few coaches at our games. Would have been nice to be in the super pool though but overall not a bad experience. Although I will say that I've never seen an ITB where you put a runner on 2nd AND 3rd. I found that a bit weird but it didn't matter because it was the same for both teams. The only real negative was that we did not have fences on Friday but that was rectified by Saturday. I will also say that overall the umpiring was pretty goods as well.

wpaguy

Reaction score
My DD guested for a 14U team in the Super pools , I can say I have never seen so many college coaches. I stayed and watched a game between Outlaws Hoffner and Ohio Hawks , it seemed like 30 coaches were watching that game. I was really impressed with the main location. I am curious about the other location for 16u.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
I understand that this review is somewhat biased based on my relationship with the Outlaws so take this for what you will. Our team's purpose is to be a "high-level exposure" team which essentially means that if we are at an event that does not have 20+ college coaches at our games, then we are in the wrong place. We prioritize the colleges attending and teams attending the tournament at a higher level then we do our win loss record, let alone things like lined fields and concession stands. As a result we travel enormous distances to participate in those few tournaments nationally that can offer that type of environment. I will say that I love what Warren is doing, but in year's past our summer tournament has been just a notch below tournaments like Scenic City, Atlanta Legacy, DeMarini, etc... in terms of our exposure needs. We still play it every year, but we were not getting 20+ D1 coaches to our games (maybe about half of that). Now... this year I can say without a doubt the table has turned. This past weekend I got a chance to meet Coach Hutch for the first time and talk about our players, I talked with a huge Big 10 contingent, as well as coaches from the ACC and tons of high-quality mid-majors. I even got the chance to finally meet Coach Matthews who just took the helm at Wright State. It is so great to see an event which can provide those opportunities right in our own backyard. Warren, thanks for all you do for us. To be able to stay at home and get teams from across the country to come play on our turf at the level they did was truly amazing. Nothing but props from our group for the weekend Warren. Keep doing what you do!

D1Fastpitch

Reaction score
We were in the non super pool 16U and we had quite a few coaches at our games. Would have been nice to be in the super pool though but overall not a bad experience. Although I will say that I've never seen an ITB where you put a runner on 2nd AND 3rd. I found that a bit weird but it didn't matter because it was the same for both teams. The only real negative was that we did not have fences on Friday but that was rectified by Saturday. I will also say that overall the umpiring was pretty goods as well.
With the focus of keeping games on schedule, which we do pride ourselves in, we do this to try and stimulate the offense so the games do not run over too much. and college coaches love it so we do it at out showcase events!

MaddKennaMax

Reaction score
With the focus of keeping games on schedule, which we do pride ourselves in, we do this to try and stimulate the offense so the games do not run over too much. and college coaches love it so we do it at out showcase events!
I didn't have a problem with it. It was just the first time I had ever seen it. As it turned out we still needed 2 ITB innings lol.