Pgf!!!!! Are you for real???????

larson

Reaction score
This week end we played in our first PGF tournament! It was a tourney event that offered berths/qualifier of course if you paid an extra PGF Sanction fee. Anyway, my team was seeded 3rd in pool play on Saturday. Elimination began on Sunday morning. We played our first game and won and moved into the semi finals. We were winning after 3 innings and the rains came. The tourney was cancelled. The TD REVERTED BACK TO POOL PLAY STANDINGS to determine winners of tourney. There was only ONE more game to the Finals in elimination. How does this work? Can someone please explain this to me? We were 2-1 in pool play and were winning against the team we lost to in pool play in elimination and they took 2nd place

Thank you!

3ballbratz

Reaction score
I think that is pretty common. It's usually spelled out in the tourney rules. Sometimes winners are determined by a coin flip believe it or not.

Reaction score
My travel team this past summer won a tournament in Dayton due to a coin flip. Team played all day sunday and just as the semis were ending the sky opened up. TD told the higher seed to call it and that determined winner and runner up, wild way to finish a weekend. Some age groups had a double flip because they hadnt started the semis

larson

Reaction score
Ok Thank you~ Guess you learn something new everyday!!!

wow

Reaction score
These types of weather events occur from time to time. Not sure it being PGF anything was different. Even within the sanction bodies there can be different rules on how to deal with rainouts.

Yes, have seen coin flips all the way through to award a ASA bid. Have seen pool play, RA, RE, as well.

From my experience once you start bracket you will do the coin flip, its crazy buy not sure any other way would be ideal.

Coach Rick Smith

Reaction score
I have seen many coin flips determine the winner once elimination play has started. I have also won tournaments by being the 1 seed when all elimination play is cancelled.

Robby-007

Reaction score
Larson. Welcome to softball!

At least they didn't take all your money in a rained out tourney.

Freeze Mizer

Reaction score
I think Rock, Paper. Scissors,best two out of three, would be more fair.

larson

Reaction score
Hey Robby-007

Welcome to softball! YES THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!!