PGF in OHIO

Hello I am JP Flaherty and I am the PGF State director for Ohio. I also have coached Laser teams for many years.
PGF ( Premier Girls Fastpitch) is going to have a National Qualifier in the Columbus area on June 15-17.
The winner of each age group will receive a bid to the PGF Nationals in Huntington Beach California.
Details are still being worked out and I will pass them along as I get them.
PGF is where the top teams and programs in the nation are playing. Our state is on the upswing with great players, coaches , and parental commitment and this is a great opportunity to get there.
If you are interested please send your team name, age, and contact email to jpred007@yahoo.com
Also go to PGF's website and you can get more info there.
Thanks JP

Hello I am JP Flaherty and I am the PGF State director for Ohio. I also have coached Laser teams for many years.
PGF ( Premier Girls Fastpitch) is going to have a National Qualifier in the Columbus area on June 15-17.
The winner of each age group will receive a bid to the PGF Nationals in Huntington Beach California.
Details are still being worked out and I will pass them along as I get them.
PGF is where the top teams and programs in the nation are playing. Our state is on the upswing with great players, coaches , and parental commitment and this is a great opportunity to get there.
If you are interested please send your team name, age, and contact email to jpred007@yahoo.com
Also go to PGF's website and you can get more info there.
Thanks JP

This is the same weekend as the Laser Tournament. Is this a coincidence? or will there be a collaboration?

Will there be any othere qualifiers in Ohio? Will there be any qualifiers to play in this or any other regionals?

PGF Northeast Region ChampionshipTeam NJ website has posted more info:
PGF Northeast Championship
July 17-21 (Wed - Sun)
12U, 14U, 16U, 18U
Format: 5 Game Guarantee - 3 Pool/Practice Games to Double Elimination Championship
Cost: TBD

2013 Region 1 Qualifiers: for The July 17-21 PGF Region Championship are being set up now
Check back to the Team NJ web for updates next week

*Teams must be PGF registered and have PGF insurance to play in the Regional Championship & PGF National Tournaments and Qualifiers.

I'm glad to hear that it is official and Ohio will have a PGF National Qualifier. In my opinion, this is a great opporunity for more Ohio talent to show that they are serious about showcasing and are willing to take the next step and put themselves on the big stage in front of Coaches like Candrea, Weekly, Inouye-Perez and others. Not only that, many Midwest/Eastern/Southern schools want to see if kids are "battle tested" nothing better than hearing that Ohio kids can hang with those on the West Coast.

List of last years College Coach attendees

http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/recruiter_data_01.php

Just got an e-mail from PGF- looks like they have made some announcements: (the "clicking here" link in the body of the email is active)

View attachment 848
Welcome to our new Regional Format

PGF is pleased to officially announce the launching of its new Regional Fastpitch Softball program. The Regional System is a completely new and separate softball program from our current National Championship system, held each year in Huntington Beach, California.

We have fielded numerous inquiries over the past two years as to when PGF will come to their state or community. We realized that there are a vast number of teams from across the United States that are only interested in playing in their own individual states and regions. Because of your interest in being part of the PGF family we are launching our new Regional program today! Find out more by clicking here.

The Country has been divided into Seven (7) PGF Regions. Regional and State Directors have been established in many parts of the country. We are still filling Regional and State positions to well qualified individuals. If you are interested in a State Director position, please email your Regional Director or email our corporate headquarters at dan.hay@premiergirlsfastpitch.com.

Hey! Did you know that you can sanction your event through PGF?
Yes it is true, in addition to our new Regional format we will be offering you the ability to sanction your local event, tourney or showcase through PGF. More info on just how easy this will be for you, is coming out soon, so stay tuned.

Sincerely,
Dan Hay, President/CEO
Premier Girls Fastpitch

They will have a strangle hold on the top Showcases:

Current PGF Sanctioned events: All Surf City Tourneys, Huntington Beach, Ca., Demarini Invitational Showcase, Chicago, Ill., Banditfest Powered by OnDeck Softball, Chicago, Ill., Team New Jersey Summer Classic, Edison, NJ, Team New Jersey October College Showcase, Edison, NJ ,
Diamond 9 events, Orlando, Florida, Louisville Slugger, Boulder, Colorado and many more to come!!!

Anything that adds competition to Triple Crown is a good thing.

They will have a strangle hold on the top Showcases:

Current PGF Sanctioned events: All Surf City Tourneys, Huntington Beach, Ca., Demarini Invitational Showcase, Chicago, Ill., Banditfest Powered by OnDeck Softball, Chicago, Ill., Team New Jersey Summer Classic, Edison, NJ, Team New Jersey October College Showcase, Edison, NJ ,
Diamond 9 events, Orlando, Florida, Louisville Slugger, Boulder, Colorado and many more to come!!!

Boulder is the only one not owned/run by PGF principals.

Triple Crown is the one to be concerned about. They've been aggressively buying up established showcases for the last couple years - AZ FroShow, Fireworks (CO), Rising Stars (FL), Ronald McDonald (TX) and SoCal's Finest. They're also jacking their entry fees WAY up for next year.

with the exception of the Ohio nightmare and the Ohio lasers I don't see very many teams going to Pgf national route I wonder if this would even pan out in the long run. that's a big commitment from the families to want to venture out to go to California as a team. also Ohio already has the World Series which draws a lot of the teams that don't go to nationals. don't get me wrong I'm glad that PGF is starting to make a presence in Ohio and it will be sponsoring some of the better showcases but I just don't see teams from Ohio getting on board

with the exception of the Ohio nightmare and the Ohio lasers I don't see very many teams going to Pgf national route I wonder if this would even pan out in the long run. that's a big commitment from the families to want to venture out to go to California as a team. also Ohio already has the World Series which draws a lot of the teams that don't go to nationals. don't get me wrong I'm glad that PGF is starting to make a presence in Ohio and it will be sponsoring some of the better showcases but I just don't see teams from Ohio getting on board

Actually I think a lot of programs are excited about this. It's a market for a different mindset.

I think the biggest reason I am excited about PGF in general is that it is an organization started and now being run by fastpitch people. The events they are running, and that they are going to run, will be with the understanding of what interests the softball community. Too many other groups - ASA, TC, etc have lost sight of who the customers are. Competition is a good thing. The sport has changed and many of these other groups have not - at least not in the right way.