Pick Central

brownsfan

Reaction score
Over the weekend, my buddy was telling me that parents (will leave age group out of this) were complaining hard about the $10.00 weekend pass, and the price for candy. Furthermore, they started harassing the high school kids working he gates. The funny part, they had bought their daughter's the Ghost, LXT's, and other high end bats? What have parent gone to when they jump all over the high school kids? The money going into that facility is being used to further that facility (my understanding they're turf fields now).

All I can say is welcome to travel ball. Wait until you have to pay $10.00 a day, or just to park.

First2Third

Reaction score
No excuse for giving the kids grief. That said, Pickerington is definitely the most expensive place for entrance fees I've been (apart from a national tournament).

Flybyu1

Reaction score
10.00 weekend pass is actually kinda normal or on the cheap side tbh

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All of the bigger venues/tournaments are alot more expensive than that. 10.00 is a bargain. You get what you pay for...

OhPhat

Reaction score
We played there and while I hate to pay any gate or parking fee I am not going to complain about a $10 fee. The gate fee is used to cover the some of the field maintenance done by the school as well as make the schools athletic department a little additional money. Not many other tourneys are played on that quality field nor are the fields raked and chalked between EVERY game which is done by the school. The concessions cost did not seem out of line at all.

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
Sounds like if $10 and the price of candy hurts them they need to play in more "for fun" type events local to them...$10 for a weekend pass is really decent.
Heck a lot of the bigger showcase events requires special lodging, on top of a $5 or $10 daily entry fee... or a $35 to $50 tournament pass

jpkeating

Reaction score
I’m going to guess these were 10u parents. 10u parents can be a real pain, and they sound really inexperienced to not know this is normal for larger tournament.

denise_anngolf

Reaction score
I witnessed the same complaint at Pickerington North for baseball this past weekend. My comment when I heard parents complaining was " I rarely get into a softball tournament without paying a spectator fee". They were shocked. As Cards pointed out, "stay to play" tournaments are also the norm with many tournaments now days.

Long Baller

Reaction score
Yeah....I just paid $35 for tournament pass this past weekend. I'll gladly swap expenses with those people.

*Edit* This was at a different tournament than the OP, but still....

Last edited:

josie

Reaction score
north central-northwest central-central ohio
I wish Pick Central would upgrade the bathroom facilities. Last tournament we were at, all bathrooms had to wait for the well to recover (or something like that) and were unusable. Had to load the girls up and go to a local restaurant to go. (A couple ran wayyyyy out back and went in the woods, lol, and one parent had a RV on site.)

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
I was at the same complex, $10 weekend not out of norm.... wait when play at D9 and pay ESPN WWOS ticket prices, $52 weekend pass per adult including the coaches have to pay lol!

Softballmom07

Reaction score
I think some of the complaint came fromthe fact that the emails sent out to teams said 5$ gate fee and then it was 10 at arrival..when I arrived for the 530 game on fri to watch my niece I was told 20 for me and my daughter, I said we are just here for tonight's game not the weekend, i thought it was 5? I was told "we have to charge you for it all" by a young girl at the table. Once we got in I did hear several different prices people had been charged.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
$10 for a weekend of softball is a deal!!!! Picktown puts that money back into those diamonds. They do a great job. I have not checked this year but from what i can remember in past they have cameras on their fields and you can watch live stream. We get to play in Picktown this weekend!