Pitching and Pitchers Discussion Pitching instruction - Columbus

Can someone tell me who is the best pitching instructor in the Columbus Ohio Area??? Also can you provide me with contact information ???

[size=-2]Added area to title - TheBearMay[/size]

Re: Pitching instruction

There is a new instructor in Worthington at All Stars named Jim Yates. He has studied under Doug Gillis for several years and is a certerified Gillis instructor.. After several years of instruction at Grand Slam we went to see him and he drastically improved my DD after just two lessons... His methods are more simple, easier to understand, and are head and shoulders above anything we have recieved thus far...

Thanks, Do you have contact information

Ron Marstiller at grand Slam in Columbus.

I would second Ron Marstiller (890-7526) - he is one of the best! I would also add Kristi DeVries. Ron has had hundreds of students and is well known for his ability to work with every pitcher and develop their own strengths. Kristi is newer to the Ohio scene but is an established pitcher (from California) and pitched at OSU. She has just returned from pitching overseas and is reestablishing her lessons. Both instructors are very good!

Fp_Fever, Ron is a good instructor... We attended him for over 3 years. Our DD seemed to top out with him... After making a move to Jim we noticed that she picked up a few MPH and her control became better. Another thing we noticed is that she was having slight back and should discomfort which have disappeared since the change... Both are good instructors but our recommendation is Jim.

Good Luck to you and your DD

Doug Gillis is not only a world class coach, but a world class pitcher in his own right. The list of his students (and also his own) accomplishments is very impressive ( http://www.douggillis.com/dg.asp?page=28). Doug and his staff are constantly generating top caliber pitchers. I have never met Jim Yates, but if he has Dougs seal of approval then you cant go wrong.

Another world class pitcher/instructer is Bill Hillhouse( http://www.houseofpitching.com/) both of these pitchers have studied the mechanics of pitching extensivly, and also coached at the highest levels.

good luck with whoever you choose :)

Jim Yates is my pick, he is my daughter's pitching coach and she has improved tremendously.

Do you have a website for AllStars where Jim Yates is currently teaching in Worthington?

My dd attend lessons at the Batters Box in Reynoldburg. Brittani is her coaches name. Brittani pitched in college. We are very pleased with her. She is VERY good with the girls.

There is a great pitching coach at Big League in Newark. He is well worth the drive. His name is Mark. I have seen him work with many different ages and he seems to work well with all of them. Good Luck with your search!!!!!

Bill Hillhouse holds classes on Mondays in Mentor, off 615 and Tyler Rd. And I believe on his site he has quite a few days listed for other parts of Ohio.
He is just great. Go to his website ?www.houseofpitching.com and check it out, you may find a session close by.

My DD had come along way with him and he is great with them. ;D

My DD just recently started attending lessons with Jim Yates. Like everyone else who has experienced his lessons, my DD and myself are both extremely pleased. He is very focused and demands hard work, but he is also enthusiastic and positive. His techniques seem to be easy to follow and implement. First impressions mean alot, and to this point, my interactions with Jim have been first class.

Fastpitchkeeper and CNW211....

Thanks for the Advise.... We scheduled a lesson with Jim Yates at All Stars. Things were just as you said... I was impressed with his teaching methods and the way he interacted with BOTH my dd and myself. My first impression is that Jim is first class person and he truly cares about the girls....

I appriciate you recommending him to us...

THANKS AGAIN

As someone who has faced Jimmy in league play, I will say that batting against him ain't no walk in the park! His speed, location and movement make him a very tough competitor.

But I look forward to facing him again next season! ?:)

Ron Marstiller and Les Randolph from Grand Slam are the best around. ?They both teach the same fundamentals and are fantastic mentors for those coaches who want to learn how to teach pitching.

Jimmy Yates at All Stars.... He is your best choice..... We have been going to him for pitching lessons and things are going very well... We are extremely pleased....

BUT Do not miss out if you want your dd to learn to hit....

We had a hitting lesson with him last night and The guy can flat out hit ... When we got there he was in the cage hitting and I tell you nearly everything he hit was a hard line drive.... Motion was short quick and powerful.... while very smooth..... I was so impressed I bought some extra tokes just so I could watch him some more

In the lesson he was just as good at explaining as he is during pitching lessons... He is just not a good -- no great - pitching coach but he can also help you out with hitting.... I would not be surprised if he is also a great catching and fielding coach as well.....

Although I do not know who any of you are by your forum names I just wanted to extend a Thank You to each and everyone of my students... To those of you that have made post - I appreciate all the kind words in reference to me and your experiences with my Academy..

Thanks Again,
Jimmy