Pitching Mat Advice

Bullbuck

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice regarding a pitching mat. I have a piece of old artificial turf from a football field that my daughter uses when we practice in the gym. It's cut to the right size and we have affixed a pitcher's plate to it. The bottom of the mat is non-tacky and the gym floor always seems to be dusty. We have been using duct tape to hold it down and stop it from sliding when she strides out, but the tape has marred the gym floor in the past and we go through it pretty quickly.

I am looking for an alternate solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance from this bucket-sitting dad.

Bullbuck

Reaction score
We have four of these in the gym and they work great.

3' x 10' XL Green Softball Pitchers Pitching Mound with 5mm Foam Power Line

by All Turf Mats

I should have been clearer. I'm looking for an alternative to the duct tape, i.e., something sticky - or at least not slippery - to put on the bottom my existing mat or some other way to fasten the mat down.

I could dig into my first communion money if I wanted to buy a brand new mat, but I don't want to give the moths a chance to fly out of my wallet. :)

City Slicker

Reaction score
Lol. We used "carpet tape" (like the stuff that you put under a rug) on pieces of turf before we purchased the mats. It works fine.

EmilyL

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Portolite Long Mat. It has worked out well for practices in the gym but it is quite pricey. If you have room in your budget for it I would recommend.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score