Posting scores?? Why?

I have been looking at all the polls for the last few months and here is my question?

Why do teams post scores when they beat a team by 15,20 or 25 runs? I can understand posting tight games to give everyone an idea of where the teams stand, but why push the fact that you beat a team by 20 runs?

Why would you beat a team by that much especially in 10u, this does nothing for the girls (either side) so why do it? They are 8, 9, and 10 year olds learning the game, and if run rule is 15 why not just stop there?

I do not understand why coaches would do this??

Maybe instead of blaming the team that won by 15-25 you should look at the coach that but the losing team in that predicament in the first place!!!

I am not blaming anyone, but I am asking why do that? It is about the girls, the girls confidence, and the girls learning! In tournaments you can not pick who you play, so lets take bracket play or win/loss pool play in consideration here -- who does it benefit if you beat a team by 20 runs??? Only the coach and not the players, especially when 15 runs do the job!

Again, in many tournaments, runs for and runs against will often play a role in seeding. That means, score as many as you can while giving up as few as possible.

Again, in many tournaments, runs for and runs against will often play a role in seeding. That means, score as many as you can while giving up as few as possible.

i agree, should be Head to head, RA, RS! But once again does it do the GIRLS any benefit to either win or lose by that many! Besides most tournaments come down to head to head and Runs allowed!

You said you understand posting scores when the game is won by one or two to show how close the game was. Wouldn't a lop sided score show how dominating the winning team was? Quite frankly, I don't see too many 10 and 12 year old girls on here. So the scores posted are the benefit of other teams. This is still a game about winning.

You said you understand posting scores when the game is won by one or two to show how close the game was. Wouldn't a lop sided score show how dominating the winning team was? Quite frankly, I don't see too many 10 and 12 year old girls on here. So the scores posted are the benefit of other teams. This is still a game about winning.

This game like any other is about winning! But there are many more important thing to the GIRLS than just winning, and if coaches are not teaching that then they are not doing the kids justice! JMO

So maybe the winning team should give 50% of their points to the other team that way it would end in a tie and Suzie won't have to work hard to get any better!

I am not blaming anyone, but I am asking why do that? It is about the girls, the girls confidence, and the girls learning! In tournaments you can not pick who you play, so lets take bracket play or win/loss pool play in consideration here -- who does it benefit if you beat a team by 20 runs??? Only the coach and not the players, especially when 15 runs do the job!

True you cannot pick who you play, but if you are a top calibre team and you entered in a tournament that has B level teams, then you know that it is going to get ugly quick. It does you no good, JMHO

So maybe the winning team should give 50% of their points to the other team that way it would end in a tie and Suzie won't have to work hard to get any better!

no but beating a team by 25 is different than 15?? Is it for the girls or for the coaches?

This game like any other is about winning! But there are many more important thing to the GIRLS than just winning, and if coaches are not teaching that then they are not doing the kids justice! JMO

Are you kidding me? The coaches job is to teach the girls the game. Your job as a parent is to teach them the life lessons from the game. I'll say it again 10 year old girls aren't posting on this forum. They are more concerned about Facebook, twitter, and YouTube.

no but beating a team by 25 is different than 15?? Is it for the girls or for the coaches?

A win is a win and a lose is a lose 1-0 or 50-0. Sometime you can't call of the dogs enough, you can move the infield to the outfield and still beat some teams 25-0.Again the losing team can quit at any time if they think it's to bad but they don't, so isn't it the losing team you should be blaming?

Are you kidding me? The coaches job is to teach the girls the game. Your job as a parent is to teach them the life lessons from the game. I'll say it again 10 year old girls aren't posting on this forum. They are more concerned about Facebook, twitter, and YouTube.

So it is not the coaches job to help these girls thru their journey of life while playing softball? It is only about teaching them the game and winning? Not becoming better students, friends, and family?

Now just thinking so don't ream me.... It's this early in travel season, so some teams are just getting together for first tourney or two. Some schedule a weaker tourney to get their first one in as we'll. those two meet and it gets ugly when the better skilled team unleashes. But knowing when to let off the dogs is key as well. You do not pass third unless forced to move, you bunt as often as you can to get an out, you bat lefty to get some views that side.... You have to know whe to say when even if leaving the bag early.

now hopefully those good teams also play up to challenge themselves and our DDs team did many times and they got challenged, but held their own in the upper age group as well......

but for posting the score? No reason to do that...

A win is a win and a lose is a lose 1-0 or 50-0. Sometime you can't call of the dogs enough, you can move the infield to the outfield and still beat some teams 25-0.Again the losing team can quit at any time if they think it's to bad but they don't, so isn't it the losing team you should be blaming?

But why couldn't a team explain sportsmanship to the girls, anyone can get out of an inning! Leave base early, run into a tag, strike out! You have already won!

So it is not the coaches job to help these girls thru their journey of life while playing softball? It is only about teaching them the game and winning? Not becoming better students, friends, and family?

Maybe you should join the Girl Scouts.

you mention here that 10 and 12 yr old girls are not on here!! But the people teaching the 10 and 12 yr olds girls, and molding their minds are on here!

Why in the world would you tell girls who are learning to play the game to do the exact opposite of what you have been drilling them on for months/years? And most girls know when you are patronizing them. A couple years ago, I was watching a game where a team was beating another team by 30 some runs. The winning coach had a non-pitcher pitching, his defense playing positions they have never played, and all batting opposite handed. They still kept scoring. Finally, the winning coach told the ump to call his girls for leaving early. The loasing coach figured it out and said he wanted his team to earn their outs. That team still is not terribly good, but I have a ton of respect for both coaches. Not once did the losing coach whine.

I have been looking at all the polls for the last few months and here is my question?

Why do teams post scores when they beat a team by 15,20 or 25 runs? I can understand posting tight games to give everyone an idea of where the teams stand, but why push the fact that you beat a team by 20 runs?

Why would you beat a team by that much especially in 10u, this does nothing for the girls (either side) so why do it? They are 8, 9, and 10 year olds learning the game, and if run rule is 15 why not just stop there?

I do not understand why coaches would do this??

I see nothing wrong with posting the scores of a game whether it be 1-0 or 25-0. As long as you are posting the accurate information, not boasting or putting anyone down and just stating the facts. People on here want to know the outcomes of games/tournaments. Why would posting the tight game scores to give the idea of where the teams stand be any different than posting the higher scoring games? Still provides the same information.