practices / mask or no mask?

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
are you making your players wear a mask for anyone that plans practicing this month? (and i dont mean a ripit face mask)

will you as a coach wear a mask when coaching at practices or during scrimmages this month?

with Ohio stay at home orders now extended to the 29th, i am curious as to what everyone plans to do.

Last edited:

IRdad09

Reaction score
We have had discussions of splitting practice into 2 groups. Therefor, staying below the magical 10 number.

sftball follower

Reaction score
...which still violates the "stay at home" lol......hell if you're gonna practice, practice!

IRdad09

Reaction score
...which still violates the "stay at home" lol......hell if you're gonna practice, practice!

The "new" order allows you to get outside and exercise. I think practice fits the bill. :) I don't want this thread to go down the rabbit hole of the other thread, but it also allows you to go out and shop on the 12th. IMO this effectively should have eliminated the stay at home order.

PaulP

Reaction score
Seems like DeWine’s new order is primarily directed at prohibiting anything that could be construed as fun or free to do.

sftball follower

Reaction score
actually you've been able to go out and exercise all along.....my point was simply there are many people who are going to say screw this, and do as they please. I know many businesses already doing so. For those who don't that's their choice. And DanMaz is exactly right. Tuesday schools could have graduations with "social diatancing" Wednesday they couldn't. Had to wear mask everywhere Tueday...Wednesday not so much. Now we have to "assume" everyone has it....I say perfect everyone's affected can't transmit it to someone who already has it open up! Oh wait, I can't "assume" like the "expert"

TheHitKing

Reaction score
Extending the stay at home is the correct move and DeWine should be applauded for doing so and staying the course.
Every state that repealed the stay at home are doing so despite the fact that they are experiencing more cases and deaths from the virus than they were when they enacted the lockdown, it defies common sense.
Let the other states be the guinea pigs and if their numbers go down, great, let’s open up, but waiting to see another 4 weeks isn’t going to reverse the economic slide but if they go up for those states then Ohio will have been ahead of the game and we will all be better off.
No doubt we ALL want to get back on the field but let’s not rush back until there’s a plan in place and to my knowledge there isn’t one regarding spacing, dugouts, umpires, spectators, concession areas etc/etc.
Personally I think the summer is a wash, we should all start planning for fall.