Predictions for 14u Stingray Showcase

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Looks like we have some of our best teams from Ohio/W PA {minus Bev Bandits)represented at this event.Any idea how the locals will do against some of the out of state power houses.Should be some great games.

grandpaviper

Reaction score
Haven't seen all of the teams registered for Stingrays, but I have watched quite a few good teams this year including Lasers Purple, Classics 99, Pa Cyclones, and Mich. Batbusters as well as several others registered for the showcase and the Ohio teams have always represented the Buckeye State very well. Wouldn't expect any different at Stingrays.

MaddKennaMax

Reaction score
I have seen all of the ohio teams in the tournament play at some point this year. I believe that any of them can do very well in this tournament. The 14u field in ohio has a pretty good crop of teams. They have all faired well in other top tournaments this year.

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
Prediction? Hmmm they all will show up, have great weather and do as good as they can give. As long as they enjoy the experience it's a great day to play softball.......:)

spartansd

Reaction score
I am familiar with many fine teams in this age group (outlaws, team pa, thunder elite, lasers purple & orange, classics '99, etc) and could see any of them doing well. But I'd have to say a team to keep an eye on is one I've never seen play yet and that is Birmingham Thunderbolts '99 - 7 players committed D1 already, 6 to the SEC and one to Texas. Great opportunity for the OH&PA teams to battle a Southern power!

I would agree that the Thunderbolts might be the team to beat. But I have not seen them play yet so they may be much ado about nothing. I do know that one of their pitchers will not be a stranger to the Ohio 14U community. She played with the Thunder Elite last year and has played with the Laser Orange at times this year.

Was that Team PA 99 or 2000? I have seen the 2000 a few times this year and they have been good but not as dominate as last year. I had assumed that it was 99.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Would think the Bolts Org would have the most to lose by a poor performance,Alot of teams have seen there northern player at work and know her tendicies think they would use her sparingly,until bracket play.However this is a showcase and there , to be seen.Either way id like to our teams have success.

JCellar17

Reaction score
Team PA doesn't have a 99 team, that is Team PA 00 in Stingrays. Team PA '00 just won Orville tournament of 76 teams including elimination wins over Lasers Purple, Thunder Elite 00, Lasers Orange…so I'd have to say they are doing just fine this year.

Yeah I think I would be pretty happy with those results lol. That's a meat grinder

mike_dyer

Reaction score
7 players committed D1 already

I wish my kid was 8 again. I would take her to a UofM game, have her tell Hutch that she wants to play for her, and then announce that she had verballed to a D1 school, AND SHE'S ONLY 8!!! ;)

I have a niece who is 4, I'm going to go see my sister later and see if I can get her to verbal to UCLA.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Why no mention of the 14 stingrays ?

I haven't seen the 00s play but the 99 team has a great pitcher. With 9 year olds knocking down full rides left and right the way they do I'm surprised she's not already coaching the world team.

bowser

Reaction score
Mike..seems like you're having trouble believing that 14 yr olds are "verballed..."...what "Coach Tom" stated above is 100% true....In addition what a great opp for our girls to play this team!!

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Mike..seems like you're having trouble believing that 14 yr olds are "verballed..."...what "Coach Tom" stated above is 100% true....In addition what a great opp for our girls to play this team!!

Who said I didn't believe it? I certainly didn't.

In fact I've been busy sending emails. I have verballed to 16 D1 schools in last last 45 minutes.

bowser

Reaction score
12173_504023653047564_580044318_n.jpg

stingrays99

Reaction score
Why no mention of the 14 stingrays ?

We seem to be "under the radar" which is ok with our team. I was proud to be the last Ohio team standing in what was a FANTASTIC collection of 14u teams. We came up a little short against the Indiana Prospects 1-0 in a game that was very well played by both clubs.

Reaction score
We seem to be "under the radar" which is ok with our team. I was proud to be the last Ohio team standing in what was a FANTASTIC collection of 14u teams. We came up a little short against the Indiana Prospects 1-0 in a game that was very well played by both clubs.

The he next time you are "under the radar " will be the first time you have EVER been!!!lolol

flarays

Reaction score

Mike...Trust me on this one - they are real good and when they bring ALL their players they are one of the best teams in the country. Check out the Organizations website and you will see why. The interesting thing is many, many teams playing 18u have 2017's on their roster. The Bolts simply choose to play rosters by birth year. Heck we have a 2018!!