Question for Bretman/ASA-NCAA

I have a daughter who will be entering college this fall. She will be playing softball at the collegiate level in Division 3 and was I curious as to whether or not she will still be eligible to play for an !8u team next summer if she wishes.

I had heard rumors of this possibly being prohibited by the ASA next year. I also heard that some ASA tournaments may prohibit the play of college players even if this rule doesn't exist. Could I get some clarification?

As of now A.S.A bans girls from playing in the Gold and "B" Nationals, also the STingrays tournament bans college players as well

ladyhurricanes,

I get a few questions about eligibility and the ASA Code and I have to be honest about this...I will never claim to be an expert on administrative issues!

Playing rules and things that come up in actual games...I think that I have a pretty good handle on those.

Age requirements, eligibility issues, insurance, tournament births, scheduling, etc., etc, ..... I leave that up to the ASA commissioners and tournament directors to sort out! :)