Quick overview of organizations.

Just curious without searching through all the organizations, what are the differences between the Pony, USSSA, NSA, & ASA as far as an EP, DP, FLex, etc are concerned? I am familiar with ASA using the flex rule, need re-confirmed on NSA, and I am unfamiliar with USSSA & Pony. All help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ASA = Flex Rule
USFA = 2 EP's + 1 DP
NSA =
Pony =
USSSA =

PONY = DP/Flex, NO EP, & uses Federation Rules for pitching.

NSA used to ep extra players you can bat 11 if you want and you can rotate the field any way you wish without affecting the batting order.They have the best rule as far as getting maximum p.t. Did I get that rule right BLIC.

Last edited by a moderator:

For NSA, if you want maximum playing time, in addition to the 2 EPs, you can also have a DH (DH cannot play defense). So you can actually have 12 players "in the game". 9 on the field and then 8 of your usual fielders, 2 EPs and 1 DH batting.

Pony: Uses the DP/Flex. DP being the batter, flex is the defensive player. The DP and the flex can play defense at the same time. The defensive player (other than the flex)that the DP replaces on defense remains in the game at her original spot in the batting order. If the DP replaces the flex on defense, then the line-up is now down to 9 players. The flex still has 1 re-entry available but then the DP must leave the game.

Does your head hurt yet?

USSSA: Allows for 1 Additional player (same as the EP in NSA) and a DH if desired.

Just when you thought it was going to get easy, then the courtesy runners pop-up. It is different in each association. That can be another thread if you want.