Rosin Bag Rules

Bulldog13

Reaction score
I know the ASA rules state "the resin must be left on the ground...", but I interpreted the rule as referring to the resin "(rosin bag) being left on the ground while she is using it, as in it can't be in her pocket. It doesn't mean she has to leave it there the whole game, right? The reason I asked is because a "wonderful young lady" from the other team cleated and destroyed my daughter's rosin bag on purpose while she was in the field because the umpire made her leave it out there. Can anyone help me out on that one. This is the only time I have ever heard that.

Comp

Reaction score
No it does not mean they have to leave it out there the entire game. Simply means as you stated they cannot keep it in their pocket while pitching. The umpire saying it must be left out for the entire game needs to talk to his UIC.

BretMan2

TSZ/OFC Umpire in Chief
Reaction score
This isn't the first time I've heard about this simple rule being misapplied like that. The pitcher may take the resin bag with her when she leaves the field. In fact, I'd say that she MUST take it with her. Making her leave it on the field while the other pitcher pitches makes no sense.

BretMan2

TSZ/OFC Umpire in Chief
Reaction score
Ha ha! Comp, you can tell that we are both ASA blue, through and through! :)

FastBat

Reaction score
I would find that rule in the rule book if you see that ump often. JMHO, sounds nearly impossible for other players to not hit that rosin bag a few times during a game.